Monday, June 2, 2008

What took so long?

If you're wondering what took me so long to finish my posts about San Diego, here's the reason. My house was a wreck! I know it's only 400 sq ft, but that makes it even easier to get messy! You put one thing down in the wrong place, and it becomes a powerful magnet and then as fast as you can blink your eyes, that one thing has drawn 40 other things to it. Plus, where do you put everything for a family of 5 in that small of a space? There's only one bedroom too. So anyway, I needed to do some serious organization and cleaning, and I told myself I couldn't blog unless I made some serious progress on the clutter action.

I never see anyone posting messy pictures of their houses. Does everyone always have a spotless house? Am I the only one who feels like their house imploded and it's too big of a mess to face cleaning? I thought I'd break new ground by posting my reality. I'm coming out of the closet with the fact that I often have a messy house! I have too many projects going to manage to keep it spotless. I commend those who are always tidy. These are pictures of our house the day we rearranged it, putting our bed in the bedroom and the kids' bed in the living room. I haven't taken after pictures yet because I've been trying to catch up on my blogs. Anyway, if filth offends you, avert your eyes! (The nasty brown line between the wall and ceiling is just where sheet rock meets cinder block. The crown moulding has yet to be installed.)

Here's the kitchen.

Here's the other view of it. Now let's turn around...

And here's the living room/current master bedroom.

Lastly, the kids' room.



And that's the whole house, aside from the bathroom, which is almost too small to take a picture of. I'll catch it in an after photo, if I ever take any.

I just thought I'd let other moms out there who are plagued by their house constantly vomiting it's contents all over the place (if it happens to anyone else), you're not alone!

1 comment:

Teresa Jolley said...

Your definatly not the only one with a dirty house, in fact if someone tells you that there house if always tidy, there lying. The only house I know that is ALWAYS tidy would be grammy's. Bless her heart :)