Monday, June 23, 2008

And so it begins...

Saturday (the 14th) was THE day. We rented a hoe (by hoe, I mean the large tractor variety) and started work on lowering the lawns so the rain water would run away from the house and so we could continue work on digging out the crawlspace.

Hyrum checked to see how many inches he needed to lower the yard...

...and the digging commenced.

First in the front yard.

Then in the back. They say it looks worse before it begins to look better.

I'd say it's looks tragic.

Down came the nasty old swingset...

...and up came a water line. Oops! Weston got to fix this one.

Tilly tried her hand at photography. Hyatt stuffed his mouth with cookies.

The kids took turns riding with Daddy on the tractor, but the hum and the bumping around just put Hyatt to sleep. You should have seen his head bobbing around!


I laid him down to nap next to Kiersa...

...and when he woke up, the first thing he did was give her a big kiss. What a sweet big brother!


Are you curious as to how my poor yard looks now? I'll keep you in suspense no longer! Check out the next post, "Dirt nightmare". I wrote this post before the dirt nightmare, but when I went back to my posts, I noticed I'd never published this one. Oops! Better late than never.

3 comments:

Teresa Jolley said...

I want to kiss that little girl too!!

The Lanyons said...

I love how everything is always a family activity with you guys! If we had a tractor tearing up the yard, Edward would probably make the kids sit upstairs - on the third story!

Angi and Jared Cowley said...

If you go in and edit the time/date that you posted the blog, to be after the first one, it will change the order they appear on your blog...