Saturday, June 28, 2008

A good day...for bed head

On Thursday morning, I was supposed to drive down to Gold Beach and pick up Dallas from football camp before 9 am. It's 1 1/2 hours, each way, so I wasn't looking forward to the trip with all three kids and no help. We happened to wake up at 5:45, and before falling back asleep I asked Hyrum if he wanted to jog with me. He said he'd go with me down to Gold Beach instead if we left right away, so I took him up on his offer. I LOVE going anywhere as an entire family, so I was excited. I threw on some clothes, put my hair back, put the kids on the toilet, changed Kiersa's diaper, then off we went, the kids in PJs and all.

The kids and I identified some birds while Hyrum was off looking for Dallas among the tents, then we headed home. Hyrum had an appointment at 10, so we had to head straight back to his office. Yeah, we looked a little haggard with our bed head and PJs, and of course we had to get out of the car and go inside because the appointment took a couple of hours and the kids needed to pee and get drinks. It's always embarrassing to look so cruddy in front of Hyrum's customers, but hey, it's pretty rural here, so maybe they didn't notice. The customers were a pediatrician in the area and his wife. They had two kids and were wanting more but they have pretty bad infertility issues and the pills weren't helping them anymore, so after hearing that I was pregnant again, she came up and rubbed shoulders with me in hopes that my fertility would rub off on her.

I just love days when I can hang out with Hyrum, even if I'm in the back of the shop watching the kids run around while he's with a customer, or we're just driving in the car for hours, or he's working on kitchen designs at the house...it's just fun to have him close by. That's my favorite thing about his job. We get to see him a lot!

4 comments:

Angi and Jared Cowley said...

I tagged you on my blog!

The Not-a-hoes said...

ooh be careful about the shoulder rubs! there is a pressure point right no top that if rubbed too often will cause a miscarriage or early labor, depending on how far along you are. There is another spot on the ankles. Other than those 2 spots your good to go! Hopefully ill see you before you have this baby and ill massage your back for you...ill show hyrum all the good spots for pregos!

Our Pratt Pack said...

he doesn't have class but he works everyday in another town and works security at nights for the school

The Lanyons said...

I don't think I've seen 5:45 AM for many-a-year. I'm really impressed you could get the kids up and in the car without a fight at that hour - pj's or not!