Saturday, June 28, 2008

WalMart parking lot of torture

I swear the Coos Bay SuperWalMart parking lot is cursed.

It all started on Dec. 10, 2005, when I seriously sprained my ankle on a manhole cover (where the pavement slopes down to the cover). I know that sounds stupid, but I was pregnant! I always fall or trip while I'm pregnant. I even fell last weekend while holding Kiersa when we were camping (I tripped on the tent flap thing. Don't worry, I sacrificed myself for Kiersa, so she was fine and didn't notice a thing.) Anyway, I've had nothing but problems with my ankle ever since. In fact, it's locked today (again), so I wasn't able to go on my jog this morning. I did pilates instead.

Yesterday, we went to WalMart with the twins, and just after we got out of the car, Talea was walking around the back by the hitch and she started saying "ouch, ouch, ouch!" The ouches quickly escalated into screams. She was holding her leg, so Weston thought she had hit her leg on the hitch, but she was crying so bad, so we knew it had to be something else. We pulled up her shorts to see if we could find anything, and there it was! A wasp stuck in her shorts, and it stung her three times before we got it off and smashed it. So now Tilly has had her first sting. We looked for sting medicine when we got in the store so she'd stop wailing, but only found Barbie band-aids, which worked just as well. She was fine once we opened the box and put one on her. She said stings hurt much worse than shots, and that shots don't hurt. Remember, Talea is a girl who will request two shots when she doesn't even need them in order to get two band-aids. Her big question for the day was "Why do wasps have to have poison in them?!"


Several years ago, right after Dane and Karen moved up to Coquille, Karen locked her keys in the car at WalMart and they were stranded in the parking lot with a cart full of groceries and only milk to drink from the jug in the heat, so the curse isn't only with us.

So if you visit Coos Bay and happen to stop off at WalMart, beware of the parking lot! You never know what will happen.

2 comments:

The Not-a-hoes said...

Your ankle can be cured with massages too!!! But yes we did have troubles in that parking lot as well!

The Lanyons said...

Poor Tilly. Good thing you killed the nasty thing - wasps are one of the few insects I hate. Tabitha got bitten three times on her cheek by a mystery bug at pre-school and got so upset that they had to call me to pick her up! I don't think it could have hurt that much, it must have been that it was an unprovoked attack. It's hard when you're a sweet little girl, minding your own business, and something bad happens for no good reason.