Friday, June 6, 2008

Waking Tilly divine

I tried to wake Talea up at 8:10 this morning because I needed to get in the shower and I wanted her to get up and shower with me so we could get on the road (we're heading down to Ashland today for Kaylynn's high school graduation). She really didn't want to wake up, and though I kept telling her we needed to shower and she could sleep after her shower, she said, "I don't want to wake up yet. I'll wake up in 16 minutes." Silly girl! I told her I'd set the clock.

Tilly has no concept of minutes or numbers really, so I thought it was pretty hilarious. She usually says she'll do something in 3 seconds, or 3 days or minutes. When she uses a tape measure, she says the measurement in pounds, like the cabinet is "20 pounds" in length. Hyatt follows suit. He uses the number 3 a lot and pounds for measuring because he does everything Talea does.

So back to waking up Talea...Hyrum cuddled up with her to try to wake her up, and used the rubbing-the-stubbly-face-on-her technique, and she exclaimed, "I'm gonna make mom shave your scratchy trees off so you can't scratch me anymore!"



Then she looked over at me (I was undressed and about to get in the shower) and matter of factly explained to me, "Mommy, you're having another baby cuz your tummy's so fat." Yep, crunches here I come. Leave it to Tilly to keep reminding me why I need to keep getting up early to jog. Who does she think I am? Santa Claus? She's only supposed to say HE'S fat!

I posted a messy house picture, so I might as well be brave enough to post a fat tummy picture. This is the first time in my life that my stomach has been a "bigger" problem than my thighs. Uggg.

No comments: