Monday, December 29, 2008

What a pain in my rear!

I went to the doctor for my 32 week checkup today. It turns out the pain I've had in my rear for the past two weeks is Sciatica! My stinkin' sciatic nerve is causing all kinds of pain when I walk, sit, or try to roll over in bed. I had to cling to the shopping cart at Walmart tonight in order to be able to walk. For the first time, I'm WISHING for toxemia so I can get this baby out and get my sciatic problem fixed, otherwise I'm looking at 8 weeks until I find relief.

So what is toxemia?
Preeclampsia...or high blood pressure. It can pose serious health risks to the mother and the unborn baby if not monitored closely. The only cure is delivery of the baby.

So what are the signs of toxemia?
Swelling in the legs, hands and face. Protein in the urine. Elevated blood pressure. Pain in the abdomen. Blurred or distorted vision.

I had some protein in my urine...again...today. I had it at my last appointment too, but I've never had that in any other pregnancy, including Talea's where I actually DID get toxemia. Talea was taken unexpectedly at 38 weeks, so if delivery will ease the pain in my rear, I'm rooting for a baby coming 2 weeks early again! Besides, it's easier carrying around a 5 pound baby than a 7 pound one. I know, I sound selfish, but really, this pain is MISERABLE!

Okay, after venting about my pains, I'd better post a picture so there's something interesting to see. This is Kiersa drinking her bottle, and you can see why I love them. She doesn't even have to hold them up, and she's not even sucking air. Wonderful! Before discovering these bottles, I used to have to lay her stroller back so her bottle would be upright as she drank.

4 comments:

Marcee said...

Sorry to hear about your pains. I have the same sciatic pains already and I am only 19 weeks!! It is terrible.

The kids videos are adorable... so cute!

Anonymous said...

Ok Tiana, I don't know if you remember us, friends of Hyrums from Burlington. We were at your reception. Mindy is my cousin. ANYWHOOOOO, I love checking your blogs, they crack me up. But, need some advice now. My son is 6 and all of a sudden we are starting over....I LOVE the Britax from 6 years ago. Tell me what you think about the infant seat versus the one you have. You seem to just know! :)

The George's said...

Sciatica is the worst. I've had it with all three. I've gone to PT and that wasn't much help, but the Chiropractor has given me some relief. Also, my DR gave me some streches. Also, around 8 months with the other two it has gone away for the most part. Hope it's a short term thing. Good luck.

The Not-a-hoes said...

ugh im right there with you! I cant sleep more than 2 hours without waking up because my hips are numb! its horrible, and she is finally getting comfy in my ribs. another annoying pain that she just loves. Christmas day i could actually feel her hand bawled up in a fist pushing on my ribs and when i pushed it away, she just pushed back even harder! Braxton hicks contractions have also started..i just cant wait to be done!