Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Standing at last!

Kiersa turned 10 months old on Sunday, and she finally stood for a "countable" amount of time all by herself. What's the secret to get her to stand? Put her in front of Talea! If we have her stand in front of Hyrum or I, she leans to us instead of standing. But if you put her in front of Talea, I guess she doesn't want to go to her that bad, so she stands there instead of leaning to her. Pretty good trick, though I don't know how Tilly would feel about it if she knew what was really going on.

Maybe she won't walk too much later than my other kids after all. Hyatt left the crawling behind and started walking the last week of his 9th month. Tilly was 10 months.

Here's Kiersa standing alone for the first time on her 10 month birthday.

Here's Hyatt walking just before he turned 10 months.

Here's Tilly starting to walk at 10 months.


I did discover from Hyrum's mom that Hyrum didn't walk until he was 15 months old because he was adorable and spoiled and everyone carried him everywhere. I don't know how old I was, but it was before a year.

Hyatt started sleeping through the night at 2 months. Tilly was 9 months before we forced her to cry herself back to sleep when she woke up at night. Kiersa has been in her crib in our room all this time, so it's been too hard to get her to sleep through the night. She has 2 teeth now and still gets a bottle in the night if she wakes up, so I've been afraid for her teeth. My brother got horrible bottle-rot on his 4 front teeth from nighttime nursing and had to have them pulled at a very young age, so I'm nervous about nighttime feedings when teeth are present. I finally moved the crib into the living room with the other kids so Kiersa would cry herself back to sleep and not keep us awake doing so, thus not getting a bottle.

It was a great plan.

But of course it's not working yet. Kiersa has diarrhea...still...and is on nasty bad diaper rash #2. If she poops in the night, it has to come off right away or she's in severe pain. So for the last two nights of trying to get her sleep through the night, she's ended up pooping and we've had to get her up anyway. Darn plans. They never seem to go smoothly!

4 comments:

John-Maren Goodman said...

I hope she is a little bit more mobile for your sac so that when the baby comes you can atleast have an extra arm!!

Gotolson said...

Put vaseline (regular, not the baby stuff) on her diaper rash. Jude was allergic to actual diaper rash ointment, all brands, so we used vaseline and it kind of gave an extra little barrier on his cheeks and kept it from getting any worse. Oh the many uses of vaseline!

Our Pratt Pack said...

So you think things aren't going smoothly for you... yesterday we got a call saying they weren't going to let us have our dog at our new place which sent me into tears all day since sassy is Bostons bestfriend, then today we get a call mind you after we packed almost our whole house in the truck that the tenant is no longer getting a divorce and will be staying in the house we were supposed to move into THURSDAY!! I'm freaking out so now I'm frantically looking at listings and they said best case scenario we can get in a place in 4 days. So much for leaving early to set up in time for xmas not to mention we have dish, phone, electric, internet all coming to set up Friday and my grandma sent our xmas gifts, and our mail starts tomorrow!!!! I'm having a break down and I think I just posted my blog in your comments I may have to copy and post this to my blog!

Our Pratt Pack said...

Oh and we put nipple cream on everything it cures all, diaper rash, chapped lips and especially the chapped upper lip they get from licking snot!