Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dad is great...

I showered the girls with me this morning, and when I got out of the shower, I found this.



Mini chocolate donuts for breakfast???

I started to get after Tilly for eating the chocolate donuts (that Hyrum had so sneakily told Tilly to slip into the cart at Walmart yesterday) for breakfast, when Hyrum said he had told her he thought that was breakfast so he'd given her permission.

Nice, Hy.

Have you ever seen "Billy Cosby: Himself"? If you haven't, go out and rent it ASAP. It is soooo funny! I grew up watching that, and I'll never get sick of it.

This donut incident reminded me of the chocolate cake sketch on that show. His wife told him to go make breakfast for the kids, so he grudgingly went downstairs to make it and his 4 year old (Talea's age), asked if she could have chocolate cake. Hmmm. Eggs, milk, wheat...that's nutrition! So he served up chocolate cake and grapefruit juice for all his kids, and they sang him praises, "Dad is great! Gives us the chocolate cake!"

...until the mother came downstairs and had a conniption

...and fire shot from her eye sockets.

Well, fire didn't shoot from my eyes, but I was a little disgusted. Not surprised, just a little disgusted. Now I know why Hyrum and my kids are such picky eaters. They just want solid sugar all the time!

If you're a parent, you'll love "Billy Cosby: Himself" even more than just the average person. And since this chocolate cake sketch is so hilarious, I'm including it in this post for your viewing pleasure.

2 comments:

The Lanyons said...

Ahhh memories! I love this clip! So funny!

Teresa Jolley said...

What's wrong with chocolate donuts for breakfast? We got donuts all the time for breakfast so now you know where Hyrum gets it from.