Monday, December 15, 2008

Almost done!

I'm 30 weeks along today!

It's always exciting to hit 20 weeks because that means I'm half-way done, but I like hitting 30 weeks even better because that means I'm only 10 weeks or less away from the end. I've delivered at 38 weeks, 39 weeks, and 2 days before 40 weeks. I've never actually hit 40 weeks before, so when I get in the 30s, I feel like I'm about done.

On a related note...

We tried out a new pizza buffet the other day since it seemed so cheap (uh...turns out there was a reason it was so cheap), and while I was there, I was reminded how redneck our area can be. A woman saw that I was pregnant, and apparently she was too (she was on the bigger side and sitting down, so I couldn't tell that she was). She struck up a quick conversation with me as we were heading out the door and it went as follows.

She: How far along are you?

Me: Almost 7 months.

She: Oh!!! Me too!! When are you due?

Me: Feb. 23 (I'm expecting her to tell me she's due Feb. 25 or something.)

She: I'm due April 15!

***What the!!!????****

Me: (trying to supress my bewilderment) Oh!

I exited the building without any more response because I was so dumbfounded as to how she was figuring that 5 months was the same as 7. Did she not realize that April 15 is still 4 months away? She hadn't even hit 5 months yet. Maybe she's going by a 10 month calendar (since 40 weeks makes 10 months if you count 4 weeks as a month), but that still only puts her at just hitting 6 months. Whatever. That was my amusement for the evening. I guess I'm easily amused.

3 comments:

The Not-a-hoes said...

haha thats so funny! a girl at davids work is the exact same! she just did her 20 week ultrasound a few weeks ago..but it turns out she got it done at week 17? anyway she keeps talking to me about her baby like she is right there along with me...but she is another "just waiter" this is her 5th or 6th baby so when she asks me questions she cuts off all my answers with oh just wait. ugh that is prob the most annoying response i can get from anyone!!
and i have noticed that most mothers push their beliefs about pregnancy like it is the truth...this is something new to me because the johnson family info has all been helpful, i just find any other moms advice annoying haha

i do get confused when people ask me how far along i am...i usually say oh i dont remember somewhere between 6 and 7 months because i really dont know how to tell??

The Not-a-hoes said...

haha well this annoyance has only started recently so i dont think i even noticed at thanksgiving...but i am already handing out advice...its a secret still but none of my family does blogs so i am in no danger of revealing the secret that my little brother who is turning 18 on the 29th is having a baby in july! his gf is 27 and my family already has problems with accepting her because of her age and now they get to land this bomb shell on new years when they come into town.

ugh i thought i was going to get the spot light at least on my side of the family but nope...he is stealing it from me too. oh well i guess ill just have more time to focus on taking care of my baby instead of focusing on showing her off to every one.

The Lanyons said...

Hilarious!