Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hot Air

What happened to gas prices???

Gas got down to $1.51 at Safeway and 4 days later it jumped up to $1.79. Is that happening anywhere else? I hear Utah is still going down. I'm pretty bummed. The cheapest I can find in Myrtle Point/Coquille is $1.76 now, when only days ago it was $1.56.

20-28 cents in a matter of days!?

I know the west coast is the most expensive, but come on. It seemed like while we were driving semi the east coast always had the cheapest gas, with the prices slowly increasing as you headed west. Hmmm. Sometimes it was even 50 cents cheaper on the east versus west coast. Is it that hard to sail through the Panama Canal with oil? I don't know how the prices work, but it's not fair!!!

I still don't have to pump my own gas though. Ha Ha!!! Oregon rules!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gas is about the same in Kentucky.
I can't wait to see your house when all the construction is done. It will be so nice.

Gotolson said...

We get the short end of the straw because there are only a couple of refineries here on the westcoast, so most refined product has to be trucked or shipped in! Pretty lame!