Tuesday, May 20, 2008

That's what I get!!!

Okay, remember in my first post how I said one of the things on my mental to do list was to take control of the health of my family by cooking healthier things? Well, I decided to make a more nutritious version of waffles by making buckwheat waffles (which are tasty to me, though a bit dry) for breakfast instead of the usual white ones, and this is the reaction I got. Even Hyrum and Hyatt felt this way! So much for trying!! Hyrum ended up making them all Krusteaz waffles instead. I give up!
It barely even passed her lips.

Oh, and in case you didn't believe me about Talea using baby wipes to wipe flatulance passed anywhere in a room she's in, here she is wiping the stink off her nose. I know, we're very strange.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiana, I just came across your blog and I've really enjoyed reading through all of your posts. Your kids are cute, cute, cute! As for waffles, try making just a basic recipe (like in the Betty Crocker cookbook), add a little extra sugar, but use half white and half whole wheat flour. And for extra added health value, add some flax meal (Omega 3's). My kids love it! Once they get used to that you can try to switch to all whole wheat.

Lissel
www.dalton-family.com

Teresa Jolley said...

Darin said he'll eat your buck wheat waffles. He's the only one willing to eat healthy in our family. Wonder if were related?

Karin Stephens said...

Tiana-

I have to agree with your family. Buckwheat waffles or pancakes are so gross!

karin :)