Friday, May 16, 2008

Thanks Facebook!

I hardly ever check my Facebook account or do much with it since I smoked Daisha in the finding friends on Facebook thing, but I have to say, I'm glad I have a profile because I've found a couple of long lost friends through it. If you don't have a profile, you should! You never know who might get in touch after years of separation. After years of searching and wondering what ever happened to them, I found my long-lost friends Amanda (Call) Sharp and Kathy (Tuita) Moleni. And because of Amanda, I found Sarah Leavitt!! I haven't seen these friends since my freshman year at Ricks, but I've thought of them often. Amanda and Sarah were my best friends when I lived in California for a year, 22 years ago already! Wow, time flies! Kathy was my super-fun roommate at Ricks. If you haven't checked out Facebook already, you ought to.

4 comments:

John-Maren Goodman said...

You are sooo right about find those long lost friends! I've found 6 Friends so far that I haven't talked to in 6 or 7yrs. It's amazing! Hey look at my myspace page too! I know I hate myspace but I did it to get a hold of two of those long lost friends it's http://www.myspace.com/marengoodman

Margaret said...

Surprise! It's me!! A long lost friend of a roomates sister.haha!

I always get poked by friends to join face book and I just recently did to see what the fuss was all about but mainly to see their pics but your right! WOW! There is a whole bunch of links to people I have not heard or seen in more than 10 years and I totally remember you!

I always loved your name and thought your mom was gorgeous and so young looking. I remember you telling us her secret with putting vaseline on her face. Which I have attempted several times after finding my first white hair too and
it didn't mix very well with the pillow cases. But made my skin feel really soft. I remember you working on interior design projects in the home. I also remember how cool and funny you were and that has not seemed to change a bit! You were the best roomate ever!!

It has been so fun checking out your blog. You and your husband are so talented. I loved what you both did with your last house. The before and after pictures were incredible!

Your little family is growing and you look so happy! It's great to see you living the good life.

Love ya, Margaet

The Lanyons said...

Ok, hang on! First of all, I was in competition w/ Eddie, not you! And second of all having a dozen more friends than me is hardly "smoking" me - especially with my handicap (Edward's tiny family). If you could only count five people (max) from all of Hyrum's extended fam - then maybe it would be a fair fight!!! ;)

The Lanyons said...

Oh, and nevermind the fact that you are actually friends with Edward's only sibling and I'm not friends with any of Hyrum 17 siblings and half-sibling!!