Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Kiersa's accomplishments

Lest a certain person boycotts my blog, I'll be trying to squeeze in more pictures of Kiersa and myself. The problem is, I'm always behind the camera, and Kiersa is usually attached to me in a sling or something, so neither of us get as much time in front of the lens, which is fine by me if I don't get my picture taken. But, I do feel a little frustrated when my friends rarely or never put their own pictures on their blogs because I have more attachments to my friends than their kids and I'd like to see their own faces more (even though the kids are adorable and fun to look at), so I promise to make an effort to include myself more. Hyrum has even grabbed the camera from me to catch me in the action sometimes lately. Okay enough of that. On to Kiersa...

Kiersa is still growing, but not near as quickly as she was at the beginning. She's 3 months old now and has been in size 3 diapers for a few weeks. If you're not familiar with how big a size 3 diaper is, here's some perspective. Hyatt, my 2 year-old, wears size 3 diapers. Yes, they both wear the same size! Well, Kiersa barely weighs enough to go into them, and Hyatt (being a tiny guy) is at the high end of the weight limit, but they both fit them comfortably, and they leak when wearing any other size. I have to say it's convenient to buy one size of diapers now. Hyatt rarely ever wears them since he's in underwear or pullups, but it's nice that in a pinch I can throw one of Kiersa's diapers on him and be just fine.

Also, Kiersa can't stand to lay down any more. She's afraid of missing any action, so she does crunches while trying to get her head up to look around. With all that exercise, she's gotten tough enough to sort of sit up. With a little bit of propping, she does pretty well at staying up. We went to WalMart the other day and Hyrum put her sideways in the seat of the cart (so she wouldn't slide through the leg holes), and she sat upright completely by herself for most of the time we were in the store. We kept a hand close to keep her from smacking the hard metal, but we didn't need to touch her to keep her up. She didn't fall to the sides or front or back! I was pretty shocked! I have a hunch that the tummy roles make a pretty good crutch for her to lean on.




Do you like her sunburn? I keep sunblock on her, and keep her in the shade, but somehow she keeps getting burned. The worst is on the overcast days! I call it her cloudburn, since it happened when there wasn't any sun or shadows. Gotta love Tilly's farmer's tan! That's how our whole family tans since we don't go sleeveless.

1 comment:

Teresa Jolley said...

And just who is it exactly that is boycotting you??? Mmmmm. I wonder. Your doing better with Kiersa, but you see, you need to learn how to take pics of yourself. Although it makes me look retarded cuz all of my pics are taken by me. Oh well, I want memories of me too. I love your blog and I look foward to reading it on a daily basis. Did Hy get my card?