Sunday, May 11, 2008

Talea's announcement

I never had a choice in how my hair looked as a child, so I've decided that when my kids are old enough to talk and tell me how they want their hair, I'm going to ask them how they want it and then do it that way for them. Talea had hair wispies that looked kind of like bangs a couple of years ago, so I asked her if she wanted bangs, and she did. Now for the past two years I've been kicking myself for mentioning it because I have to keep up with stinking bang trims, and it's hard to get them just right when she moves so much. I've been asking her if she's ready to grow them out, but she wants to keep them because "they protect her forehead from the sun". I told her I'd put sunblock on her forehead, but she still wanted to keep them. Yesterday, she told me she finally wants to grow them out, so now we're in for some interesting hair dos. Her hair is so straight that you can't hide the fact that they're growing out (you also can't hide a botched trim job). Keep an eye out for funny hair in future posts as I try to keep them out of her eyes. She HATES hair in her eyes!


Here's Talea's hair just before I cut bangs for her. Her wispies almost looked like bangs anyway. (She's at the Jellybelly factory with her cousin, Tabitha.)


And here's Tilly with cut bangs playing "Old Maid" with me. This, by the way, is only 1 of 2 times I've had fake nails. I can't stand them, even though they look nice. I had them at my wedding and during some of my Mary Kay days.Here's Tilly, a few days ago, and Hyatt being sneaky and plotting to climb onto the counter to get...I think it was candy. Maybe it was the bubble jug. (The cabinets are natural hickory, in case you were curious.)
Look at the little naughties! They even got their stools out! I thought it was so cute.

1 comment:

The Lanyons said...

Either way she's adorable.