Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Jack Sprat dilemma

Jack Sprat could eat no fat...
(Talea's plate)


His wife could eat no lean...
(Hyatt's plate)


Didn't they end up licking the plate clean together? Maybe I need to fix one plate for my kids, and together they might end up eating everything like Jack Sprat and his wife. I made pork chops (with steak sauce on the side), green beans, and mashed potatoes for dinner last night, but Talea ate only her veggies, and Hyatt ate only his meat. They refused the eat the other part. How is it that Talea has always loved veggies and it's always been such a struggle to get Hyatt to eat his??!! I swear I can't please everyone when I feed them. Tonight I made tacos, and Talea would only eat one bite before she said it was too spicy (it was only seasoned with a packet of taco seasoning), and Hyatt ate one plus a little of a second. Talea can't tolerate any kind of spice in her food, especially pepper (hence her request for quesadillas with "no yuckies, only melted cheese"), yet spice doesn't even phase Hyatt one bit. He'll even eat the hot salsa at Mexican restaurants. My kids are so different!

3 comments:

John-Maren Goodman said...

I swear it's all kid T!! My little Braxton refuses to eat dinner when I make it! It's like he has a clock inside him telling him that he can only eat right before bed! He waits till john is home from work and then will nibble on his plate,or sometimes he out right refuses dinner, and will only eat crackers, so I end up giving it to the dogs! I wish I could find a sure-fire way to get him to get!

The Lanyons said...

Still, you're trouble with picky family members pales in comparison with mine!

Teresa Jolley said...

Mmmm, nummy taco's. I think I'll make that for dinner tonight. Thanks for the idea. I love them.