Sunday, October 19, 2008

Look at the changes

We drove by our old house in Coquille yesterday to look at how it's changed. They added mini blinds (why were they so adament that we left all the curtains???) and changed the porch light out to one that is WAAAY too big for the scale of the house. Oh well.

The trees along the fence line have grown a lot and have almost covered up the mismatching, nasty fences of the neighbors, and will soon cover up the neighbor's dilapidating two-story house. That's why I planted trees instead of just putting up a fence. The plants on the island are also getting really big. I heard that the new owners have only been back a couple of times in the last year (this is a secondary home for them) so they finally had a gardener come clean up the overgrown things and cut back the morning glory that always threatens to take over everything.

When we bought it:


When we sold it:


How it looks today:



How the yard looked when we bought it:


How the yard (island and garden) looked when we sold it:

The island was my clever way of disguising a huge pile of dirt and grass I'd accumulated from clearing out the entire fence line area around the perimeter of the house, and it was a place to have my fire pit for hot dog roasts.

How the island looks today:

The plants have grown so big!!! They were just newly planted when I left. The stinking Yucca plant that I tried killing with every method possible has come back and invaded the fire ring.

The house when we bought it:


The house when we sold it:


The house today (it's the same color, the lighting is just different):

The oversized light and mini blinds are the only changes, other than the plants growing up.


The kids really missed it when they saw it, but I really like where we are now better. Our current house isn't our last house though. We'll move again after this one is finished, but we don't know where or when.

3 comments:

John-Maren Goodman said...

You guys did such an amazing job on that home!! John and I loved everything about that house. I wish I had the skills and talent that you and my brother poses! I know that your current house will look just as amazing when your done.

The Lanyons said...

It proves that all your time in the garden is time well spent.

The Not-a-hoes said...

i looooved this house. i cant believe someone bought it as a second home and never stays there! i could never do that no matter how much money i had! im excited to see what you guys do with the giant house. we will come out next summer to see your baby and show off ours. its a promise!