Friday, October 24, 2008

Goodbye to Tiny Dingleberry!

Today, we had a cabinet & countertop overstock sale, so we thought we'd take our 4 kittens (Tiny, Dingleberry, Jack and Banjo) with us and see if we could give them away. We had them in our dogs' large portable kennel, so Talea, not wanting to part with her kittens very badly, crawled in the cage with them and played for a while. Of course I forgot my camera at home, and my cell phone is on the fritz ever since Dallas handled it (what's new?), so I couldn't use my cell as a camera, but it would have made the cutest picture. People were commenting on how I was giving away kittens AND kids, but she finally got out.

Talea was hoping we could keep Tiny and Dingleberry (her favorites), but of course, after the kids went in to watch a movie in the playroom, someone came and wanted her favorites (the grey calico and the blond). I let them take them home, then I went in to the playroom and told the kids they had gone to a new home. Talea said "Awwww, I wanted to keep Tiny and Dingleberry", but Hyatt was angry. He took it far worse than Talea. He scowled at me with his all too familiar scowl, and said "No! I don't want people to take our kitties! They are naughty! They can't take our kitties!" He kept repeating his protests while Talea could only think about going outside to see if they were really gone. They went out to see the kittens and Talea just looked into the cage and got over it, while Hyatt layed over the top and said "People can't take our kitties! We need lots of kitties!" I told them maybe Daddy would let us get a different kitty (like a Siamese) some day when we have more land if we gave these kitties to new homes. They were happy after that, but I have to say, I was a little disappointed about the kittens going. Tiny and Dingleberry were the two good ones. The ones that are left are skiddish, and one is devilish (the black/white one). It hisses and bites you when you catch it, so if it's not careful, it may find it's way into the animal shelter.

1 comment:

John-Maren Goodman said...

PlEASE PLEASE PLEASE...Let me have the black one! He looks just like Shorty, My cat that was killed (or murdered in my opinion) of whom I had for 13yrs before he died! I have been wanting a cat for soo so long! He is so beautiful and I would just die to have another cat again!