Sunday, October 19, 2008

Crusties

Well, one thing I don't like about school, church, and play groups is the exposure to illness. On Thursday, we went to our second day of "preschool", if that's what you want to call it, and Julia's 2 year old had a runny nose and a cough. She loves Kiersa and I had a hard time keeping her away from Kiersa since I knew she would spread her bug. Sure enough, early in the morning on Saturday, I could hear Kiersa was breathing through a runny nose in her sleep. All Saturday she was sneezing and her nose was running, and this morning, we found her in her crib like this.

Believe it or not, this picture doesn't show the half of it. The flash must do something to the picture, because her whole nose region was one solid mess without any clean flesh. Poor thing!

Needless to say, a bath was necessary to soften things up. Afterward, we noticed her chubby little rolls were starting to get smaller since she's more mobile now, so we thought we better capture her chub on camera before they went away so we can prove to her how chubby she was and explain why she has fat scars on her arms and legs, just like I do. Apparently, I was way chubbier than Kiersa and looked like the Michelin man with huge rolls everywhere. I guess that's where Kiersa gets it. None of my other kids even came close to chubby, except Talea always had a Buddha belly, even from birth starting out at 5lbs 8oz. Kiersa went into 12 month clothes at 6 months and at 7 months grew out of a lot of those and had to go into 18 months. I can't keep up! Hopefully she'll stick there for a while now that she's 8 months and is starting to crawl.

3 comments:

John-Maren Goodman said...

How cute is my chubby baby niece!? I would love to just kiss her chubby little cheeks! Man I miss you guys soo so much!!!

The Lanyons said...

Nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!! The nose crust, not the chub. I love chubby babies!

Marcee said...

Those thighs are awesome!! I wish cubby was always cute... but nothign is as cute as that!