Saturday, October 4, 2008

And the slavery begins...


The evening we got back from England, Tilly wanted to take a bath instead of a shower. We had bathed the dogs before we left and only rinsed the tub clean instead of washing it, so I told Tilly she couldn't bathe. I told her it had to be washed and I didn't feel like washing it, so she'd have to clean it herself if she wanted a bath that bad. Apparently she did because she was willing to clean it for me, on the condition that I show her how to do it. I got out the borax (since I thought regular cleaners were a bit risky for her) and a scrubber, showed her what to do, and let her at it. I came back when she said she was done, and surprisingly, she'd done an excellent job! She is now my official tub cleaner, until one of her siblings gets old enough to do it also. She also learned to dust with the swiffer duster, so now that's her job also. I can't tell you how excited I am that the day I have helpers has arrived! I now have a duster and tub cleaner. If only I could trust her with the dishes and the toilet!

3 comments:

John-Maren Goodman said...

Man, I'm jealous! I would love to have those little helping hands! We are working with Braxton on just the simple task of cleaning up his toys! He's getting better.

The Not-a-hoes said...

lol i love tillys poses!! she is going to be a hottie when she grows up

Cindi said...

You're so lucky! Not only is Tilly OLD enough to do some of the "yucky" jobs (bathrooms are MY least favorite), but she's at an age that she still WANTS to help! The best of both worlds!