Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carvless pumpkins


Don't get me wrong, I like carving pumpkins, but the mess and time it takes to do a cool jack-o-lantern is kind of excessive. This year, when going down the Halloween aisle of WalMart, my kids spotted these faces that you poke into your pumpkin. Genius! No mess, it takes about 10 seconds, and you're done! No moldy, shriveling, rotting skeleton-of-a-pumpkin after Halloween too! We're serious holiday slackers anyway, prone to procrastination, so this year we "decorated" our pumpkins two days before Halloween. Nice, I know. In all fairness, we've been sick and we've all been going to work with Hyrum every day to help at the shop, so our holiday planning was put way off (as if we plan...yeah right). I think this is my favorite pumpkin year so far though.

4 comments:

John-Maren Goodman said...

That is a great idea! I love the faces they are so funny looking! John was more excited about carving than I was this year(hence the reason why I just choose the template and john carved for me!) I probably would have been more into it if I didn't have the two boys! Braxton would have loved those faces better than carving as well. He freaked out when he saw the guts of the pumpkin. To slimmy for him!

Teresa Jolley said...

My neighbors did that with there pumpkin, I was wondering if there was a kit that came with faces or if they stole there Mr. Potato pieces. We didn't even do pumpkins this year, so your one up on us.

The Leithead Family said...

Brilliant!! We haven't done pumpkins yet either...now if I can just get to Wal-Mart!!! :)

The Not-a-hoes said...

i saw those at walmart the other day, we have small ones to paint but havnt gotten paint yet, so we will prob just leave those cute little ones to sit there.
your kids are all picture perfect! they should be in baby magazines