Thursday, July 17, 2008

Widowed...again


I am married to a man who LOVES technology. Edge wireless was just bought out by AT&T, and since Hyrum's business had Edge, we had to switch over, which kind of stunk because he had just bought a Blackberry, which he wouldn't be able to use after the switch. Luckily, they gave him a rebate on it for his next phone, which was the "iphone" of course. He loves gadgets, and the iphone is the newest, funnest phone. It's great for business, but I believe he enjoys it for pleasure more than business. I wasn't looking forward to it getting here in the mail, because every time Hyrum gets a new gadget, I become a widow for a few days. He becomes so absorbed in discovering all of its capabilities, I hardly see him or hear from him. I just know that for the few days after it arrives, I don't have a husband. I know some people are that way about new books, but technology is Hyrum's thing, whether it's a computer, a phone, a DVD player, a TV, etc. My birthday is in a couple of days, so mercifully it arrived in time for him to detach himself from it before our camping trip.

3 comments:

Marcee said...

Tim is the same way about stuff. He just got a blackberry and works, or should I say plays, with it all the time.

Teresa Jolley said...

Darin got a T-Moblie Dash which is pretty much like a blackberry and he is still trying to figure it out and constantly playing with it and it has been 3 months. I'm jealous that he got an I-phone. I would love love love one of those. It would be good for Darin's work too.

The Not-a-hoes said...

David will be jealous when he reads this! I know he wanted one soooooo bad when they came out!