Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kiersa's first solid food

At 5 months old, we introduce our kids to their first solid food, so it's time for Kiersa's first taste. We introduced Kiersa to rice cereal, and she hates it!! Boy did she shudder and sputter while eating it. It's tradition that Hyrum always feeds the babies their first solid food, and my favorite part is watching Hyrum. He absolutely CAN NOT feed the kids without opening his own mouth. Hyatt decided he wanted a bite, and the taste gagged him so badly that he began dry heaving! I had to race him to the sink since he was claiming he was about to vomit! I don't know how babies tolerate the taste of formula or baby food. It's terrible!

Here's what Hyatt looked like eating his first food. It was apples, so he was happy to eat it.


And Talea ate rice as her first food, like Kiersa, but Talea didn't mind it.

2 comments:

Marcee said...

I hate to admit it, but when Zackary was a baby and we were giving him his first solid food,(which was also rice ceral) I tasted it first and it was terrible. So I added a pinch of sugar and he wolfed it down. None of my other boys got that.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, how did you get such cuties!!!!!