Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm handsome!



Hyatt doesn't like to think he's a little boy anymore. We've been struggling with his potty training because just when we think he's done and fine and won't need pull ups anymore, he surprises us (usually in a store or when I don't have a change of clothes). He was done by the 4th of July, which was my goal, but then while we were down in Ashland for that holiday, he managed to pee his pants once a day, for about a week straight. Then when he stopped peeing in his pants once a day, he'd pee on the floor right in front of the toilet. I was really frustrated. The tactics that worked for Talea did nothing for Hyatt, and when he'd look at me with his cute blue eyes and say "Sorry, Mommy", I'd melt. He is almost always dry day and night now, but with the occasional accident, I'm afraid to leave pull ups off of him at night.

For the longest time, if we'd say, "Are you a baby?", he'd say, "I'm BIG!" Then when he started asking if he was "pretty" after he'd put on an outfit or get his hair combed, Tilly taught him that he was handsome. Now, if you call him cute, he thinks you're calling him a baby and he'll say "No! I'm handsome!" If you call him a baby or even say he's big, he rejects that with "No! I'm handsome!" I hope it doesn't go to his head, because DANG! He is one handsome boy!!!!!

2 comments:

Marcee said...

I have called my boys "Handsome" since birth. I wanted to call them something other than cute, because Tim says that I use that word too often anyway. So Handsome it was. I love it. And they think they are pretty cool.

Teresa Jolley said...

He is handsome, after his father of course... Is that ok to call my brother handsome? I hope so.