Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tag-o-rama

Now, I've done a couple of tags before, but my sister just tagged me with a tag-o-rama (well, she tagged everyone who reads it), so I feel obligated to complete it. Since I'm a perfectionist, I feel as though I'm not "doing my duty" if I leave something hanging. You know how if someone massages one of your feet, you can't let them stop at that. They have to massage the other or you will feel unbalanced. That's how I'd feel if I didn't do a tag someone tagged me with. I know, I'm wierd.


FOUR THINGS TAG


Four random things I like about my husband:

1. He'll do things with me that lots of husbands would never do with their wives, such as listening to Jane Austen books with me and then watching the movies. He'll do anything to spend time with me, even if it means he's subjected to girly things.
2. He believes I'm beautiful, even though I hardly ever get "spiffed up" (I rarely wear makeup or fix my hair cute).
3. He's a down-home country-boy at heart, which is so up my alley.
4. He has the sexiest arm hair I've ever seen on a guy. It is the perfect color, thickness and shape (is that what you call it when it's not too curly or too straight?) Arm hair can be a tricky thing. In my own opinion, too much is creepy, too curly is shocking, too dark is alarming and having none is unsettling.

Four jobs I have had:
1. Mom (my favorite by far)
2. Teacher
3. Housekeeper
4. Pizza face, I mean pizza maker

Four movies I have watched more than once:
1. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (My all time favorite)
2. What's up, Doc? (Such a funny movie, another all time favorite)
3. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (A Cluff Thanksgiving tradition with an all-star cast...long, but an all time favorite)
4. Some Like It Hot (A Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon all time favorite) I think I'm turing into my dad, who always had about 100 top ten favorite songs. That's me and my classic movies.

Four places I have lived:
1. Rexburg, ID
2. Ashland, OR
3. Coquille, OR
4. Heber City, UT

Four TV shows I watch:
1. Whatever Hyrum's watching
2. Whatever my kids are watching...but actually, they haven't watched TV in a long, long time...only movies.
3. Don't know. I never turn on TV anymore because blogging took away my time for it. I usually only see any TV when I'm on the computer and Hyrum turns it on.
4. I think Dirty Jobs is funny when Hyrum watches it.

Four places I have been:
1. 45 US states
2. Crater Lake
3. Death Valley
4. A so-called haunted house and graveyard in Yreka, CA with a bunch of thrill-seeking LDS teen girls in the middle of the night. Scariest night of my life.

Four people who e-mail me regularly:
1. Grandma Ray (she's obsessed with forwarding any and all emails)
2. The bank (with online banking reminders and receipts)
3. Daisha (I'm constantly giving her Tuffcluff movie trivia, and she always responds immediately because she's really good and practically unstumpable)
4. Maren, Teresa, Mel and Daisha, who have me on their automatic-mailer-when-they post-a-blog-thing so I get emailed when they have a new post. Thank you so much!

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Berries of any kind, fresh off the bush
2. Hot, homemade scones with butter (made from homemade bread dough)
3. Bread and Milk (made from homemade bread, when the bread is still warm)
4. Homemade vanilla ice cream topped with fresh-picked, crushed blackberries. Absolute heaven on earth. It's almost blackberry season here in beautiful Oregon!

Four places I would like to visit:
1. Daisha's house in England
2. Any place that's on a road trip with Daisha, because she's amazing at finding the funnest, oddest things to see or do along the way, like a garlic festival in Gilroy, CA or some fun food factory somewhere.
3. Melanie's new house in North Carolina, because the pictures look like such an adorable English cottage, and I really liked North Carolina when I drove semi.
4. Anywhere on a cruise ship

Four things I am looking forward to in the coming year:
1. The birth of my fourth baby
2. Daisha's visit in August (we rarely see her family)
3. Our trip to London to see the ever-exciting Lanyons
4. The completion of our house remodel


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



HANDBAG TAG


RULES: What does your handbag say about you? Pick the bag you use most, empty out the contents and take a picture of the mess. And that means EVERYTHING – no cheating! Tell us about it.

WHICH BAG?: My diaper bag. It slings across so I can be hands-free and not have a strap falling off my shoulder. This is my one and only bag. I'm not a fan of accessories, whether it's jewelry, shoes, purses or hats.

ALWAYS IN YOUR BAG: Diapers, wipes, formula, a bottle with water (although the bottle and formula are missing at this moment because I just took them out and used them and haven't yet put them back in), changing pad, spare onesie and socks, tide table book, face powder, kid emergency essentials (pain killer, diaper rash stuff, bandaids, thermometer, tylenol for me), mints and gum, oil blotters for my greasy skin, wallet, lotion, receipts, pen, spare keys to open the door but not start the engine, coupons, phone numbers, snacks, and pads (of the sanitary napkin variety, since I never know when I might be surprised by the evil red monster)

OCCASIONALLY IN YOUR BAG: Paint samples, receipts or lists I haven't tossed, coupons and sippies.

NEVER IN YOUR BAG: Whatever it is I need at the moment, whether it's a diaper or wipes or spare clothes (it's my curse that I've just taken it out or just run out when I suddenly need it), pacifiers (my kids refuse to take them), nylons (yuck) or cigarettes (the most vile things on the planet).

SHOULD BE IN YOUR BAG: Pictures of my family (I've never had any wallet size pictures), my keys (they're lost...again).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



MOM TAG


(According to Talea)

What is something mom always says to you?
"I love you."

What makes mom happy?
"That you have a sister."
How many sister do I have?
"1..2" She pointed at Kiersa and herself, so she meant daughters.

What makes mom sad?
"Peeing in your pants." (She's meaning when my kids pee in their pants, but it does make me sad when I jump on the trampoline and pee in my own pants.)

How does mom make you laugh?
"Tickle me."

What was mom like as a child?
"Sleeping in the crib and having so much fun."

How old is mom?
"6 years old." (Funny, that's how old she tells me she is, though she's 4.)
Really? That's not very old.
"Oh, you're 50."
I'm not sure which is better!

How tall is mom?
"This tall." (holding her hand as high as she can reach)
How tall is that?
"20 more pounds." (that's her unit of measurement for all things)

What is moms favorite thing to do?
"Play with me."

What does mom do when you're not around?
"Work"
What kind of work?
"Sewing blankets (I think she means curtains), cleaning the house, planting plants."

If mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
"Working on the house really good." (the one we're remodeling)

What is mom really good at?
"Sewing"

What is mom not very good at?
"Catching fish." (In my defense, it's hard to sneak up on guppies with a bucket when you're trying not slip on super-slimy rocks.)

What is mom's job?
"Playing with me and to work with Daddy

What is mom's favorite food?
"Pizza"

What makes you proud of mom?
"When you play with me."

If mom were a cartoon character who would she be?
"Dora, because you go on adventures"

What do you and mom do together?
"Be a family and play"

How are you and mom the same?
"We both eat, and we pet sting rays."

How are you and mom different?
"You have boobies and I don't."

How do you know mom loves you?
"Kisses and hugs"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



TAG



I've done this one before, but I'll change my answers since I have lots of answers for these.

JOYS (aside from family & faith)
1. Finding a big wad of cash in a pocket of jeans I haven't worn for a long time.
2. Getting organized with baskets and containers.
3. Having someone else cook dinner.

FEARS
1. Drowning in the ocean from being knocked over by a wave, tumbling around in the undertow, and not being able to reach the surface before I need to take a breath. That has happened to me far too many times, though someone saved me just before I thought I'd die, and ever since then, I hate going in the ocean.
2. The dark. I am absolutely terrified by the dark and what might be lurking in it. I always have been, and suspect I always will be.
3. Not being able to relate to my kids when they're teenagers and having them resent me for my behavior toward them.

GOALS (It's hard for me to think of new ones because I hate setting goals for fear of not reaching them.)
1. To get back to my original pre-pregnancy weight after I'm done having kids.
2. To sew again, a lot.
3. To go on one huge family vacation (a 2-week thing) and a couple small ones (1/2 week or week-long) per year, and to go camping twice a month during the summers.

CURRENT OBSESSIONS/COLLECTIONS
1. Collecting magnets from places we've been to (that's the ONLY thing I collect)
2. Finding cute things to organize my stuff.
3. Baby gear. I can't get enough in my system! I'm always researching stuff like car seats, strollers, beds, seats, accessories, etc...

RANDOM/SURPRISING FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I used to hate mustard, but now love it. I used to like tomatoes, but now HATE them.
2. I despise movies that involve people cheating on spouses (even a kiss)! They utterly disgust me, no matter the cinematography, soundtrack, cast, etc.
3. I hate cigarettes more than most anything in this world. I hate how it smells, I hate how it enslaves people, I hate how it makes decent people selfish and insensitive to other people's health, I hate how unintelligent people look when one's dangling out of their mouth...I would rather have someone fart in my face than smell their cigarette smoke. Cigarettes are my biggest pet peeve, and two of my siblings smoke, dang it!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



3 TAG


3 things on my 'To-Do List' today:
1. Catch up on blogging
2. Make curtains for the trailer
3. Do laundry

3 bad habits:
1. Hermiting
2. Letting my bathroom get pretty gross before cleaning it.
3. Burning food.

3 things that make me giggle:
1. Fluffs
2. The funny things my kids say.
3. Edward's wit...he's so hilarious.

3 things I don't like about my body:
1. The bags under my eyes and my saggy eyelid skin. But I get it from my dad, and I know I look a lot like him, so I've resigned myself to accepting it.
2. My broken left pinky finger. It's next to my wedding ring and an obvious, crooked deformity.
3. My hair. It has a funky splitting cowlick in the back, it goes too far down on my neck and I can never get it to do what I want. Pretty much every day of my life has been a bad hair day, including my wedding day.

3 things I like about my body:
1. My feet...I get compliments on them
2. My eye color...I get compliments on that too
3. My right ear. It has a great shape and flattness against my head, but my left ear sticks out too much.

3 places I go to over and over:
1. Downstairs to my laundry room
2. Winston, to get counter tops
3. Library (which is weird because I NEVER used to go to the library...I guess it's because it's only about 50 feet from my house.)

3 places I like to eat:
1. Anywhere...as long as I'm not cooking, it's great for me!
2. Italian Restaurants, because I rarely ever get to go to them.
3. George family get togethers...not the healthiest of foods, but definitely yummy and a worthwhile guilty pleasure

3 places I would like to be right now:
1. On vacation
2. Living in my house, with the remodel finished
3. Diamond Lake for a week camping trip

3 products I can’t live without:
1. Tide laundry detergent. I've used it successfully since college, and I just switched to Ecos (environmentally friendly stuff from Costco), and now my whites look brown. I'm disgusted and I'm going back to Tide.
2. A dishwasher
3. Soft toilet paper (preferrably Charmin Ultra Soft)

3 things that make me happy:
1. Musicals
2. Good, familiar smells
3. My life

1 comment:

The Lanyons said...

The sexy arm hair thing - hilarious! And Gilroy! Let's plan it! Hermitting! Again, hilarious! Mine is fighting the urge to hoard (a family trait). And Edward's wit it my fav too!