Friday, April 25, 2008

Tilly and the creepy crawlies

(This post is mostly for Nana and the relatives who have missed a lot of Tilly's growing up because of living so far away. Thought you'd enjoy some pictures!)
Talea has no fear of worms, snakes, daddy-long-legs, beetles, bugs, and pretty much any other things people are squeemish with. Not even slimy seaweed can gross her out. She's always been an animal lover too. Here's some pictures of her enjoying her little pets over the years, but shockingly, I don't have any pictures of her holding earthworms! Worms, frogs, and baby snails are her favorites.

She's always had a thing for ladybugs.

She's always had plenty of Min Pins around.


Our first litter of kittens were toys to her. Most kids wouldn't want to handle hermit crabs, but Tilly didn't mind.
Feeding parrots isn't scary, even though their nails are sharp!
Her snake fettish begins.

Ah, the beloved frogs. Do NOT rub your eyes after handling frogs unless you wash your hands!Maybe he'll turn into a prince!
She caught (and released) a starfish! I wish I could get her into riding lessons around here!This bird was half-frozen and didn't even fly away from my dogs, so Tilly warmed it up and released it. Tilly's pet cockatiel, Spur She adores feeding fish and would have jumped in with them if we would have let her!

Feeding the lambs was super fun! These two horses were former members of the Budweiser Draft horse team.
What 3 year-old is brave enough to feed a wild goose with her mouth? Talea!
Turkeys and chickens are messy! And turkeys make some weird noises besides a gobble!
This is Tilly's seaweed tail.
Tilly's current kitty when it was a kitten.
Calling Daddy to tell him all about her snake she caught with Mommy.
She asked me, "Can I kiss snakes?" I said, "It's probably better not to make a habit of kissing snakes because some may bite you." So she says, "Can snakes kiss me?" as she pokes the snake's face to her cheek a few times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl I love your blog. It's addicting huh!Come see me @ my blog...straightfancy.blogspot.com
Cute new baby!
Love nancy

Gotolson said...

Tilly is so much like you! You always loved all the creepy crawlies! I'm so glad that you visit my blog, I'm not the best at keeping it updated, but hopefully I'll get better. Jude is comfortably in 5T in clothes and 6T in one piece PJ's. It's crazy he's so tall! I think he's going to have to keep growing to keep up with his size 11 1/2 feet!