Monday, April 21, 2008

The home show is over!

Well, I limped my way to the home show on Saturday. It took about 5+ minutes to get from the house to the car when it normally takes about 30 seconds or so. It was painful to drive with my right foot, so my dysfunctional left foot attempted the brake pedal a few times until I realized that the pain was better than a jerking stop. It took ages to get from my parking spot to the home show. Hyrum came out and got all the kids inside while I gimped my way in far behind them. I have such a new understanding and sympathy for my dad and all those who have chronic pain that makes them walk so slowly and in such pain. We did do our shopping at WalMart afterward, and for the first time in my life I rode in an electric cart. Hyrum was really embarrassed to be by me because he figured people would assume I was faking a need since I wasn't over 350 pounds or wearing a cast. (He injured his back on the semi once and we had to go in a WalMart to get a vicodin prescription, but he refused to use an electric cart. He suffered the pain of walking rather than have people look at him.) Tilly and Hyatt loved it though because they rode with me and drove the cart.

Here's what our hats, shirts, and sign look like. We're going to change the background color of the sign to the color of the hat Tilly's wearing. Now, keep in mind, people around here are big into hunting and stuff, hence the elk hat.

Here's Tilly pouting because her tootsie pop was chipped and I wouldn't open her a new, unchipped one. Heaven forbid!!! There's more candy at a home show than a neighborhood on Halloween!

Here's our banner with the new logo to replace the green press-on lettering we previously had.

Here's Hyrum manning his booth in one of the shirts with the new logo.

And here's my island and granite that will go in my new kitchen when the remodel is complete. It's moss green, but it's hard to tell in this lame indoor lighting at the home show. The granite color is Uba Tuba...a pretty popular, common granite choice (which is why I picked it, to appeal to the masses).




1 comment:

The Lanyons said...

Edward and I are totally getting those electric carts (Rascals) when we get older!! We have plans for races and everything! I wish I could try one NOW! Was it fun?