Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Chicken Man Leaving In 10 Seconds!!

When I was growing up, my brother, Dane, was the oldest child and the only boy with 4 sisters (this was before the second batch of kids was born). He was tons of fun to play with, and he was great at coming up with games to play with us girls.

When he would mow the lawn, he would mow it in winding paths so that we could later see if we could follow the path he took.

He built a very homemade waterslide off of our barn roof into our above-ground pool when my parents were out of town, so the relatives came over to help us test it out and we all quickly learned that if we gave ourselves a wedgie to slide down on, we would go way faster (that's how I know about a certain George boy's birthmark...I'll leave the name a secret).

He would babysit us by taking us out in the field in our nightgowns and curlers to play a game of hide-and-seek before it got too dark.

He had tons of games we'd play with him, but our favorite was "Chicken Man." He would go squat down in front of the arm of a couch and yell, "Chicken Man leaving in 10 seconds!!!" Then the countdown would commence as girls would come running from all corners of the house to climb onto his shoulders before he stood up and walked off. If we made it in time, we would sit on his shoulders and cover his eyes and guide him around the house by turning his head. It was so much fun!! Sometimes we'd only manage to get one leg over his shoulder before he got to "one" so we had to finish climbing on while he was walking. Other times there were 2 or more girls fighting to get onto his shoulders at the same time. Tonight, Hyrum played Chicken Man with the kids (except Kiersa of course), so I thought I'd show you what it looks like. Try it! Your kids will love it!



Um, just ignore the fact that these pictures show you that I haven't installed my crown moulding yet in the apartment. It's on my to-do list! My crown moulding sticks are 16' long and have to be painted outside, so I have to wait for the weather to get better and for Kiersa to give me more time for home renovations, then Hyrum has to cut them to size (cutting crown baffles me with all the angles and math involved). Oh yes, the walls ARE unfortunately cinder block.

3 comments:

Our Pratt Pack said...

I'm so glad you guys have a blog now this is going to be so much fun!

Annie said...

Tiana! I just found you through Tome's blog (hope you don't mind)! I loved reading about your darling family and your new little chunky baby. I too have a little chunker and it is so fun to squish him too! check out our blog www.howefamilyblog.blogspot.com - I am excited to hear about your remodel, we just bought an old house too that needs a little work - I might pick your brain on a few things! Glad you have a blog!

Annie Howe (Clason)

The George's said...

I just came across your blog. Fun memories of growing up. Let's just say I understand your story better than I thought I would. The joys of living close to cousins.