Saturday, April 19, 2008

Not me, too!

Okay, not only does Hyatt have Giardia, Talea have Fifth disease, Kiersa have a cold and a clogged tear duct, but now I'm working on catching Kiersa's cold and I am crippled!

I haven't jogged since before I was 5 months pregnant with Hyatt (2 1/2 years ago) when I severely sprained my ankle. It's been too painful to jog since then, but I've been wanting to try it again lately to help drop the excess baby weight. Yesterday morning, I jogged 2 blocks down to the medical annex to hand in Hyatt's poo sample, then I jogged 2 blocks home. I was pretty proud of myself for accomplishing that and not respraining my ankle, but I ended up paying a price. The rest of the day, my ankle progressively hurt worse and worse. I went to the home show to see Hyrum, and on my way home, I found it difficult to press on the gas pedal without discomfort. It felt like my ankle was in desperate need of a good pop. Later that evening, my ankle was hurting so bad that I gasped every time I would move. I asked Hyrum to try to pop it since I couldn't, and when he took my sock off, he noticed that my ankle was huge and swollen. At least he could see I wasn't faking it or milking it! I couldn't walk by that time, so I had to maneuver on my knees to brush my teeth and wash my face that night. Kiersa slept with us since I wouldn't be able to get up to feed her in the night. Thankfully this morning, I'm able to walk, but I'm super slow and have to be extremely careful about how I position my foot so I don't have shocks of pain. Talea was watching me walk and said "Mommy, you walk very slow, just like Grandpa." (My dad has pretty bad legs, so he walks very slowly and methodically.) I laughed when she said that, because I actually did look exactly like my dad! Now I know how he feels.

This is the cursed ankle. My foot won't even sit straight without causing a lot of pain.

This is the normal ankle.
In other news, Hyrum's home show booth looks great. We got a new logo sign made to replace this old press-on letter style. Our new logo is on our work-in-progress website. It's only reserved right now, so all it has is our logo. No, the background won't be green. http://www.a1kitchenandbath.com/


We have our new sign, hats, and shirts, so it looks really good and the first impression of the business is improved. I wanted to go back to the home show today and take pictures of the booth and shirts and stuff, and do some grocery shopping while in coos bay, but I don't know if I'll be able to manage carrying Kiersa's car seat down the stairs, pressing on the gas pedal, and walking into the home show, and there's no way I'll manage WalMart without an electric cart, and those don't have room for kids and groceries. Ugg!!

Anyway, at the homeshow, they're displaying my island that will go in my new kitchen when it's remodeled. If you want to see the door style and color it is, go to this website. You can enlarge the picture to see it better. It's a moss green, and looks much better in real life, and the rest of my kitchen will be a semi-dark stained cherry. My island is designed differently, but the color and door style are the same.
http://kempercabinets.com/show_gal/kitchen/index.cfm?rid=45

1 comment:

Our Pratt Pack said...

Gees are you sure your new house isn't on some Indian burial ground or something?