Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The elk hats

Some of you readers may think I'm a blogging addict since I have so many blogs already, but for me, it's my journal. It gives me something to do while sitting around breastfeeding, especially around 11pm and midnight. I never journal, and I've always wanted to, but I can't stand sitting down with a book and pencil and jotting things down when there are no pictures to capture the memories. A blog is a perfect way for me to record what's happening in our family's life and to be able to do something with our pictures other than let them hibernate in our hard drive or on a CD. AND, family and friends can now keep up with us without me having to write individual emails all the time with picture updates. This has simplified my life, although I admit, it does take over my time when I should be doing other things like sweeping and mopping. TOO BAD!!!

Hyrum had a pretty good scare yesterday. He got a call from Doug Backman, one of the contractor accounts that Hyrum does a ton of kitchens for, (Backman and Gederos Construction), and Doug told Hyrum that he was kicking Hyrum's crew off the job! He said Hyrum keeps putting new guys on the job, slowly raising prices, and now Hyrum's crew just showed up on the job wearing brand new hats, and they didn't even bring him one!!! When he said that last bit, Hyrum knew Doug wasn't serious and it was just a joke on Hyrum, but you better believe Hyrum didn't waste any time running the rest of his hats out to Doug for him and his workers. Doug had Hyrum's heart pounding pretty good for a bit. Hyrum didn't want to lose that account! Hy then thought he would find Tim Gederos (Doug's partner) and play a joke on HIM. He told Tim that Doug had kicked his guys off the job and was ticked at him. Tim was surprised and said that normally Doug consults him when he does a thing like that. Hyrum then told him the real story and gave Tim a hat too. This story probably isn't funny or scary to anyone reading, but I TOLD YOU that people around here would love an elk hat! Yep. We were right. They're a hit! (To view the popular hat, see my earlier blog "The home show is over.")

1 comment:

The Lanyons said...

Wow! Who knew elks were so popular? Have you considered making a trucker hat with the net and the foam (like the 'daisher n ed'). I want one if you do!