Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Heil Hyatt

Though Hyatt is sometimes found wearing high heels or dresses, he is a boyish boy. With a big sister so close to your age, a session or two of dress up can't be avoided. His masculine side is conquering overall now because he has decided he only likes to watch "boy" movies, like "Cars" which he calls " My Race Tars!" (exclamation and all). He won't pick a princess or unicorn movie, though he will watch it if it's on. He prefers rough and tumble shows like "The Incredibles."

Even with all his newly professed "boyishness", he does have to live with the consequences of having a sister around. When Talea was stung by a wasp 3 times in the WalMart parking lot, barbie band-aids were the thing to make her feel better, so when Hyatt needed some medical intervention the other day, that's the first band-aid I saw. Hyrum scratched Hyatt in the lip on accident the other day, and then Hyatt picked at the scab, so Hyatt spent the day looking like Hitler with a band-aid mustache. He loves band-aids and wore it the whole evening until the next day.

3 comments:

Cindi said...

You win the award for the very best blogger that I know since you post frequently, thus leaving us readers little time to get bored. To top it off, your blogs are fun to read. How cute it Hyatt-ler with his barbie bandaid mustache?! My boys (who will be 3 on Saturday) are also ALL boy, but even without a sister to dress them up, are in touch (to a certain degree) with their girly side. They have Tinkerbell toothpaste and Dora bandaids. lol

Marcee said...

I have 4 boys. They are boy boys, too. We don't have one pink fluffy sparkly thing in our house.

I didn't have brothers, only 2 sisters. My house growing up was all barbies and dollies. I guess I don't know too much about this boy/girl thing you all have going on...

My cousins have both boys and girls and the girls dress up their little brothers as fairies and such... I just don't get it. My boys would die if someone even asked them to put something like that on... too funny!

The Lanyons said...

I love that he kept it on all night! He must have rally loved having a 'stache. Watch out!