Saturday, August 30, 2008

Curl envy

Talea has really straight hair, and it's very fine. Poor thing inherited my hair. Ever since she was a baby, her hair has ratted up in the back when she sleeps or sits in a car seat and turns her head. I thought it might get better as she gets older, but it hasn't.



All of the little girls her age around here have curls, as well as her little friends who live far away. She always wishes she had curls (and she wishes she still had a pretty Mommy with curly hair...my hair is straightening as I get older or have more kids). For church the other Sunday, I took my flat iron and gave her curls. She was thrilled and looked so adorable! I wish I'd taken a picture of it just after I did it, but I didn't remember to until after church, and I only got one goofy picture that didn't even really show her curls before the battery died on my little camera, and my big camera was out in our camping trailer, farther than I was in the mood to walk to. So here's what her curls looked like...sort of.

4 comments:

Marcee said...

I too have extremely straight hair, yet as I've had more kids, my hair seems to do what it wants, like I have random kinks in it that take hours to ge tout with my flat iron. Gotta love what pregnancy does to ya... anyway, I have bought some foam curlers and put those in my hair at night after a shower and wake up to totally curly hair. You shoudl try something like that on Talea's hair. She would love it if she wants curls. And it takes all of 10 minutes to do in the am...

The Not-a-hoes said...

oh dont make the poor girl go thru that pain now!! my mom and gramdmom tortured me as a child and pulled my hair and curled it till i wanted to scream. i really threw a fit every time she got out the hair brush so for tillys sake leave her be until she is old enough to do the curls on her own. i absolutely hate doing my hair now because of my mom!!

John-Maren Goodman said...

I know how she feels! I don't get knots in my hair but I sure can't hold curl without about a gallon of hair spray! I think that when I took all the millions of pins out of my hair on my wedding night, my hair didn't move! It was a crispy mess off stiff curls! That straight hair thing isn't just in your family T! But curly or straight I think she is hands down my cutest little 4yr old niece, and I love her sooo, so much!~

Teresa Jolley said...

Ya well, I have curls and I hate them.I can't just ever leave my hair down because by the end of the day I just look like a huge frizz head. You guys are lucky for you who have straight hair.