Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tilly, Milly and a sunset

Tilly says some hilarious things, though they may be things that sound funnier when you're there hearing it in person. I have to write them down though so 15 years down the road she knows how adorable we thought she was. These two things were my favorite quotes from the past week:

1. After Hyatt came flying at her with his tricycle, she panicked, ran to the showroom, and relayed her traumatic experience to an elderly couple who was here ordering countertops, and with wide eyes and a very serious expression, she finished it with, "I was afraid for my VERY LIFE!" The man grabbed his chest and reeled back with laughter while his wife chuckled.

2. Today, after Hyrum chased Talea around the building trying to lasso her, she fell and scraped her knee. She looked down at it and exclaimed, "My poor, precious skin!"


Kiersa started saying more words yesterday: uh-oh and bye-bye (accompanied by a wave), and cracker. If you ask her if she's poopy, she'll say "diaper". She really concentrates on what you're saying and tries to talk all the time. I'm constantly amazed at all the new words she's saying, and she's not even 1! Hyatt didn't want to talk until he was almost 2.

Kiersa walks, but still doesn't use it as her main transportation, whereas Tilly and Hyatt were running by this age. Maybe Kiersa's going to be my intellectual one and the others will be my athletic ones. Her idea of sport is to put a piece of paper (or a book or magazine) under each hand and slide her way around a room as she crawls. On the downside: she adores messing up the magazines and brochures that I've painstakingly organized for customers. On the upside: she will finally play happily for hours on end in the playroom with the other kids instead of wanting to come find me or Hyrum every few minutes, which I really needed so I could get things done at work.

She loves to be roped by Hyrum, but it makes her nervous to watch Hyrum circle the rope over his head. She makes some pretty funny squinty faces.






Did you see how dirty her knees were? That's why I can't wait for her to walk full-time.

And now for something completely different...
Just in case you've been suffering with cold, winter weather, I'll show you how gorgeous it's been here lately. We've had incredible weather for the last month, and the sunsets are breathtaking!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

What about Lillian (Lilly) Ana? Then you get Tilly, Milly and Lilly. And you get the Annie, Anna, Diana, Tiana, Ana. I only know one Lillian under 60 and she's 15, So maybe that works for the unusual factor too?

Just a suggestion.

Tracy said...

Or Lilliana? ;)

Tracy said...

Jill? Jilliana? Ok, I'm going to stop now. Love you. Hope it's soon.

The Lanyons said...

We HAVE been suffering from cold weather (have you seen the pics on our blog?) which was fun for a bit but is getting a but annoying now, so I'm jealous!
Tilly is SO dang cute! Kiss her for me!

John-Maren Goodman said...

My nieces are so funny!~ And to think...I get to be here to take that all in!

Teresa Jolley said...

Hyrum used to rope us too, but he always did it til it hurt and gave us rope burns. I hope he's nicer to Kiersa.