Monday, February 2, 2009

Name game

On my post, "Teresa's tag," I should have answered #13 (what are people sick of me talking about) with "asking people about baby names." But really, I AM DESPERATE FOR IDEAS! I have 21 days left until my due date, and I have never gone all the way to my due date.

Though I'm not the world's biggest fan of this trend, The Johnson's and their relatives have a tendancy toward doubling up on E's when naming their kids. Some examples I can think of off the top of my head are: Whitnee, Renee, Sabreena, Marlee, Baylee, and Tenlee. Not that it's bad, it's just not my taste. I prefer "ie" or "y" or "ey" or "i". I don't know why, so don't ask me. Maybe I just don't like seeing double? But then again my son is Hyatt. I guess it's just the ee's. I'm weird, I know.

Since people in their comments have informed me of at least 6 Paisleys they know of, all under the age of 5, plus the other two I heard of on Sunday, I'm terrified that it's going to be the next trendy name. I hadn't even heard of it a few months ago, and now it's everywhere. So, if I use it, I'm booting it to the middle name, which is what I thought sounded better in the first place. I've been frantically searching for new names, and though I haven't found any names in people's comments that I've fallen head-over-heels for, they've definitely inspired me with creating some names. Back when I was naming Kiersa, I thought Pierce was cute for a boy, so I came up with Kierce for a girl, which became Kiersa when Hyrum liked an "a" on the end. So, after calling all my creative juices into play, here's what I've come up with from those who cared enough to leave a comment.

What about...
Taya/Taia/Tea/Taea
Aisley/Aysley/Aislie/Aizlie/Aizley/Ayzli
Taisley/Taislie/Taisli

That's all I have so far. I think I like Taya Paisley the best, but we'll see. What do you think?

14 comments:

Cindi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcee said...

I know that I didn't leave a comment, but I DID email you a list of names and a few websites that could help... did you get that! I would choose Taya out of all of those. But my niece is named Taya. She is 5 and adorable. That is the only person I know with that name and she lives in UT. Good luck!!

The Lanyons said...

Edward likes "Tea" - but only with milk and two sugars! He told me to tell you no, no, no! And that if it's a boy he should be called Ronson or Bronson!!!

Anonymous said...

Jimbob

Anonymous said...

Macavity

Annie said...

You are so creative with names - I like Taya the best out of the names you listed. I am not creative enough to think them up on my own. I LOVE the name Kya. I had never even heard it before reading your post on how you thought about it for Talea. Anyway - I can't wait to hear the final decision!

Karin Stephens said...

I like Taya the best too. Very cute! Like Tae-ah right?

Karin

Teresa Jolley said...

I also like Taya better then any of the other one's. I do know a Taya that was in my sumbeams class but only that one and she also is in Utah. Names are becoming more and more difficult to find names that are unique. That's why I go for the outdoors names. People have there own opinion but it always fits and so far they've always liked them. What about moonshine, grassy hill, Skylet, Snow, Sleet, Shine, Hill Billy? Ok, enough, I'm sorry. Your looking for cowboy names right? Calfy, Ride'em Johnson, Rope N Spurs. Ok, I know I'm really no help. Go with what feels good when she's born. You don't have to name her the second she exits your vaginal area.

Teresa Jolley said...

I also like Taya better then any of the other one's. I do know a Taya that was in my sumbeams class but only that one and she also is in Utah. Names are becoming more and more difficult to find names that are unique. That's why I go for the outdoors names. People have there own opinion but it always fits and so far they've always liked them. What about moonshine, grassy hill, Skylet, Snow, Sleet, Shine, Hill Billy? Ok, enough, I'm sorry. Your looking for cowboy names right? Calfy, Ride'em Johnson, Rope N Spurs. Ok, I know I'm really no help. Go with what feels good when she's born. You don't have to name her the second she exits your vaginal area.

Tracy said...

There's a Taya on a television show I saw the other day. I like the whole Tilly, Milly (Lilly, Jilly etc.) alliteration. Silly, huh?

The "Eck's" Files said...

Sad thing is, it's like a car, you never notice those on the road until you have one....kinda like names....I REALLY like Paisley, or Reagan/Teagan for girls and we really liked Toren for a boy, or how about Trygve (its Norwegien) Since we aren't/can't have any more kids, I'll share my off the wall names with you...

Cage said...

how about Mayla or Mayli
then you need Belana
then you have tilly milly and billy

cage likes Belana
if you spell it Belanna you got gganna's name too for the fam history element

fawn would give you filly
francesca would allow me to call her frankie ;)

love you

Cage said...

ps. I still like mayla better than your T h or k ideas for #4 (nat)

Cage said...

NAT HATES PAISLEY ALMOST AS MUCH AS BRIGHAM!!!