Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thank goodness for little babies.

We told Tilly and Hyatt they could come watch the delivery, but they fell asleep waiting for everything to happen and we couldn't wake them up, even with putting cold water on their faces. They were adorable cuddling together though.

The next morning Tilly was disappointed that she'd missed the birth, but she was thrilled to find a new sister.

Even though I can't feel when I'm in transition since I always get an epidural, I can tell when I'm going through it because I get freezing cold and get really shaky.

This is before transition when I was feeling okay during the labor.

Since I get an epidural, everyone gets to relax and do their thing until the end when the epidural doesn't help anymore. Hyatt and the kids were entertaining themselves with Hyrum's phone...just waiting for progress.

This is when I was at the very end and I could feel all the "pressure" that the epidural can't help.

And here she is! I don't look too excited because I was exhausted and she'd already been around for a half hour or something, and I was doing "skin to skin" with her. No, I don't deliver half-naked. I was just unsnapped to put her next to my skin to keep her warm and bond with her.

She's my biggest baby (they've been 5, 6, 7, and now 8 pounds...each one a pound heavier than the last). She's also the cutest, or least trollish, of all my babies during the hospital stage. Maybe she'll have a tongue fetish like Kiersa.

One more baby!

Glad that it's over!

I can't believe he posted this picture! My skin looks horrific! Is that how it looks in real life? Oh, well. Might as well show me how I really look. Poor Paisli looks pretty battered too.

8 lbs, 4 oz...my biggest yet. She's so plump she even has little boobies! I can't find a birthmark on her, which is strange since all my other kids have birthmarks.

Zonked out and NOT going to wake up!

Daddy's little girl...again. Hyrum apparently likes making girls.

A picture with Dr. Groth! He's the best OB ever and always lets Hyrum deliver my babies. Other girls have said they won't use him because they think he's too good looking, but I love him! He's a great OB!

What a sweetheart! She's such a good baby!

A swollen Mommy and baby.

So Tiana told everyone about our "business trip". Well, we got home from that at about 4:30pm and waited at home for labor to progress even further so the hospital wouldn't send us home after driving 45 min to the hospital. Don't expect anything fancy from this post; you are talking to the wrong person. It takes me way too long to type. This is just a little timeline and some pics.

We arrived at the hospital at 8:30pm on 7/11/09 and at check in, Tiana was dilated to a 4.
8:50pm Tiana got her IV for her antibiotics (for group B strep)
10:00pm got her epidural
11:20pm dilated to a 7 and her bag of water was about to break but she had to hold out till 1:00am to get enough antibiotics in before delivery.
12:00am started shaking with her contractions, so most likely transition. The nurses didn't want to check her dilation in fear of breaking her water and making her deliver before getting enough antibiotics.
3:00am Tiana was getting very uncomfortable so Maren started rubbing her feet. Thanks May!!
3:17am Paisli Taya was born. The doctor let Tiana use the contractions rather than pushing to get the baby out, so she only did 3 little pushes total. No rips, tears or cuts. This is the first baby that was immediately put on Tiana's chest. All the others had different complications so the babies were taken away from the beginning.
4:05am Paisli nursed for the first time.
4:50am We all tried to get some sleep but it is 12:45 in the afternoon and I 'm still waiting for a chance to sleep.
8:00am Footprints and first bath.

We had the hardest time nailing down a name, and then the spelling of the name. This is the first girl that we had a struggle naming.

14 comments:

Annie said...

I am so happy she is here safe and sound! Way to go Tiana - so glad you were able to get home in time. She is beautiful.

Natasha said...

Tiana looks so beautiful in all the pictures, but I like the one where paisli is sticking out her tongue - she'll probably do that her whole life!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went so well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new little one! Such a beautiful little girl!

Our Pratt Pack said...

It was so good talking to you today, I'm so glad everything went well. She's so cute and rolie polie I love it!

The Not-a-hoes said...

she looks like your chubbiest, and hairiest baby yet! well...from what i remember from pictures. She is so big for just being born!! and only 3 pushes!? holy cow i hope i get as lucky!!
congrats! she looks like hyatt!

Nial and Elle said...

congrats tian! im glad it was so easy. i really like the name. im excited to see the whole clan in april. --elle and nial

Anonymous said...

Hey guys congrats. Looks like you are doing great. I hope that Marcee has a good delivery like that. Well we love you guys. Hope we can see you soon.
Tim Huff

Teresa Jolley said...

I'm so proud of you Hyrum for doing this post so we could all see pictures of Paisli. I love it, she is so cute (as cute as newborns can be anyway) I can't wait to meet my new neice. I love you guys. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I love the name! I love the spelling! How do you pronouce Taya? Tay-a? just checking.. :) love the pictures! good Job Hyrum! Love Ronni

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to come hold her!

Eric, Mindy and Kacey said...

Wow! Congratulations to all of you on the new addition to your family! Paisli is beautiful just like all your others kiddos and Tiana...you are one tough cookie! We'll look forward to more pictures.

The Lanyons said...

Congratulations! So glad everything went well. Can't wait to meet Paisli in person in April.

The Lanyons said...

Like the new pics and info you added! Just got home from a quick trip so am having fun reading all the stuff and catching up on your blog today.