Sunday, February 15, 2009

Paisli Taya...aka Tayli

I thought I'd post a million pictures for everyone to see. I don't send out birth announcements, so if you want a picture, just find your favorite one and print it off.

I'll write a detailed story about the birth later when it's more comfortable to sit. Right now, I can only kneel on the floor, so it's already taken me forever to upload these pictures. The labor was fine...started at 7:40 am on Wednesday and finished at 3:17 am on Thursday. Paisli shares her birthday with my brother (Dane), my niece (Sabreena), Abraham Lincoln (this year was his 200th birthday), and Charles Darwin. It's 2 days before Kiersa's birthday. The delivery was great. My doctor told me it would be fine to not push unless he needed me to and to just let the contractions push the baby out, so that's what I did. I gave tiny little pushes when I couldn't help it, but I tried not to push because I suffer the wrath when I do. I ended up giving a little push to get the face out and a couple small pushes to help the shoulders out. The head was mostly out before I even realized it. With my careful precautions, I ended up coming away from the delivery pretty much unscathed, but in the hours and days following the delivery, strange things happened and I'm suffering postpartum wrath and having a rough physical recovery this time around. I was completely fine physically by the time I left the hospital with Kiersa, but this time around, I'm suffering almost as bad as I did with Talea. This may make me want to end my family at 4. I ended up staying in the hospital a bit longer so they could figure out how to best help my problems, and we ended up coming home on Valentine's Day...Kiersa's one-year-old birthday. Thank goodness Maren is here so she could make Kiersa a cake. She cleaned my house so beautifully too! I don't know what I would have done without her and John!

Anyway, Paisli is precious and her nose is the smallest of my babies. My kids are normally born with noses that take up most of their face, but Paisli's is quite petite comparatively.

Oh, we had a devil of a time naming Paisli. I've been going back and forth on naming her Paisli, but after calling her Paisli in the womb so long, we really couldn't call her anything else. Then, after we decided on her name, we had to figure out the spelling. We decided to end it with "i" since it looked cuter and was sort of a tribute to a Paisli from Hyrum's mission that was in a family he was close to, but after seeing it written down, I was having second thoughts. We didn't nail down her name until the minute we left the hospital and were forced to fill out the birth certificate info. Her first name is Paisli (pronounced Pays-lee), her middle name is Taya (pronounced Tay-a), and her nickname is Tayli (pronounced Tay-lee) since it's a combo of her first and middle names. So we'll have Tilly, Milly, and Tayli for our girls' nicknames. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Transition.


The belly, shortly before it burst.

This is the first baby I was able to hold as long as I wanted after its birth. (I have my hair in a ponytail, by the way...in case you were wondering what's up with my hair.)



Tilly and Hyatt meeting Paisli for the first time.

Maren was such a great help! Her footrubs are amazing!!!


Hyrum always gives the first bath.


All clean. Look at all that hair!

Daddy/daughter bonding.

Talea LOVES being a big sister!

Now a family of 6.

February is a terrible month to have a baby. Someone is always sick! Tilly and Hyatt were both battling coughs and runny noses.



My cousin, Tome, is always so sweet to send me flowers when I have a baby, and Hyrum brought me some too, for Valentine's and the baby. Thanks to Maren/John and Jeremy's family for the flowers they brought me too. You're all so sweet.

Such swelling! I was 178 on the hospital scale when I went in to deliver, and after an 8 lb baby and all the other things you part with at delivery, I was only 173 when I left the hospital. Stinking swelling!


Here's a 1 day old Paisli.

















Sister bonding.




Kiersa LOVES babies and finds Paisli fascinating.









Uh-oh. The crying became contagious.



My little girls.

My only little boy...with his littlest sister.

Brother/sister love.

Daddy's girl.






Mommy's angel.







Here is Paisli at 2 days old.


8 comments:

Amanda said...

She is beautiful! I'm sorry you are having a hard time recovering, I hope you are feeling better soon.

I just realized that our families are the same. Girl, boy, girl, girl and my last two are close in age (for me anyway). Those poor boys, but they will be great husbands.

Congrats, just enjoy everything. You guys are going to have so much fun watching your two little ones become best friends.

Annie said...

Beautiful pictures - hope you are feeling better soon. My faves are the ones with Kiersa and Paisli together in the plastic crib - Hilarious.

Lisa Ridgley said...

CONGRATS TIANA! Your family is so cute and Paisli is so precious! I hadn't done the math, two little girls less than a year apart? You are my hero!

Marcee said...

She is beautiful... and I see a bit of Talea in her. Having my first two kiddos only 11 months apart, I can sympathize with you... but when they are bigger, it is going to be awesome!! They get along so well and are in school together and help eachother out... I LOVE it!! I may be calling you for some girl tips... I am not quite sure about this after 4 boys!

Teresa Jolley said...

She is so stinkin cute. I can't wait to see her and all of my other nieces and nephews...and of course all the adults too but there not as fun. She is so beautiful.

Karin Stephens said...

Congrats! I love the name Paisli and the way you spelled it. I am still working out the details for visiting but planning on coming in June.

Karin

The George's said...

Congrats! Those are fun pictures. Glad all are healthy and home!

The Lanyons said...

Love these pictures! She's adorable! Tabby and I giggled when we saw the one of Hy and Paisli yawning together! And it really brings home how close in age Keirsa and Paisli are when you put them both in that cradle! Oh man. I hope you survive. At least Hyrum is SOOOOOOOOOO helpful!