Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Homeshow!!!



The weekend of April 17-19 was the annual homeshow. This year we had to wow the crowd so we threw out a Hail Mary for business and had a lot of displays. Three are going in my house someday, and 3 were just other displays for our shop.

Here's the whole booth. The local granite shop was also part of our display, so several of our countertops were granite or quartz.


This display is always our most popular. People love knotty alder around here. This is our hilarious installer, Jeremy. Kiersa flirts with him with her smiles, but she won't let him hold her. She loves women, but is very suspicious of men.


This bathroom vanity was specifically designed by Hyrum for my master bathroom in my big house (once it's done). The wine rack will house rolled towels, and I'll have a makeup area where I can sit with a mirror closer to my face so I don't have to leave over the counter anymore. Hallelujah! The glass up top came from the windows we took out of our house, so it's old wavy glass. The countertops are Cambria (quartz) remnants from the granite guys. Just ignore the unfinished toekicks in our displays. We didn't put all of them on for the show.


This display is part of my future kitchen once the house is done. I can't wait to have a raised dishwasher! No more bending! We chose a different granite for the countertop that will disguise dust and sticky fingerprints. I also will have a granite sink made from the same granite as the countertops. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of it!


Here is my kitchen with my island (once my house is done). The granite on my island is too dark...it shows everything! I'm hoping we can sell it and put different granite on it instead, like the stuff on my other cabinets.


This is part of a cherry hutch display.


And this is a hickory vanity. We were selling some vessel sinks for a guy, hence the crazy colors.


Since we had the kids with us during set up, we entertained them with Ratatouille. Dallas and Weston came up to help us.





The homeshow went well and we got several leads from it. Here's to hoping that business picks up!

5 comments:

Our Pratt Pack said...

I've never seen the raised dishwasher... genius! Now that's on my wish list!

Anonymous said...

LOve the granite sink. I too have always wanted a raised dishwasher! Fun displays.

The George's said...

Wow, your place will look amazing. I hope you get lots of business from your leads.

Karin Stephens said...

Here's to getting lots of leads and business.

Karin

The Lanyons said...

Your house is going to be SO GREAT! I can't wait until it's done.