Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mommy quiz about Paisli


1. WAS YOUR FOURTH PREGNANCY PLANNED? No way!!! Aside from sort of planning Talea, none of our kids have been planned. I never got pregnant before my previous baby was a year old, and I never used any birth control, so I didn't think I'd get pregnant so soon. Kiersa was 3 months old when I got pregnant with Paisli.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Shocked! Sort of surprised/sort of not. Concerned. Scared. Happy.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never in a million years.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? A couple months from turning 32.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? My carpal tunnel was getting really annoying at night, and even though I was running (trying to lose baby weight from Kiersa), I was gaining weight.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Hyrum. I got up early on Father's Day and took a test since my carpal tunnel had been so bad that night. It was positive, so I took it to Hyrum. I put the test on his pillow and woke him up by saying, "well, you did it again!" He opened his eyes, saw the test, looked at it, then said, "oh no." We weren't mentally prepared to be pregnant so soon while still in our tiny apartment. We had actually thought we were done having kids.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Sort of. It was really fun having a surprise with Kiersa, but it's always such a temptation to find out the sex. We got to our ultrasound and told the tech not to tell us, but by the end the suspense was killing us so we told him to check it but not tell us, and we'd see if we could tell. We could tell it was a girl and the tech said it definitely was.

9. DUE DATE? Feb. 23, 2008. A year and one week exactly later than Kiersa's due date.

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Not at all.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Nothing in particular.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? My varicose vein in my leg that started with Talea and worsened with each baby.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FOURTH CHILD'S SEX? Girl.

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Yes and no. I wanted a boy so that Hyatt would have a brother that wasn't too far away in age from him, but I wanted a girl since this baby would be so close in age to Kiersa, and they would most likely be really close friends. I was fine either way.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 24 lbs. Started at 155, ended at 179.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes. Maren threw a combined one for Teresa, Meghan, Olga and me at Thanksgiving.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew because Hyrum suggested it to Maren since 3 girls in the family were pregnant and we'd all be together. I caught Hyrum talking to Maren about it so he spilled the beans.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No. It was fine. It was my most uncomfortable pregnancy, but nothing strange happened. I did get a couple of weird mole things on my face, but one is gone now and the other is going away.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Bay Area Hospital, Coos Bay, Oregon

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I noticed I had started labor when I woke up on the 11th at 7:45 and I was having contractions 10 minutes apart. We were in Portland for Hyrum's DeWils meetings, so when they got a little painful and got closer together and I started dilating more, we left the meetings and drove home. We got home and I labored a little longer until I was dilated to 4cm, then we headed off to the hospital, arriving at 8:30pm. I wanted to make sure I got enough antibiotics in during the labor since with Kiersa I had waited too long to go in to the hospital. When I told the nurses about how they'd taken too long to give me antibiotics last time, then gave me my IV in a flash. I got my epidural at 10pm since things were progressing quickly, but then I got stuck at 7cm for quite a while. Once I'd had my 4 hours of antibiotics, they broke my water at 1am. The pace picked up again and I delivered at 3:17 am.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Hyrum

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Hyrum and Maren. Talea and Hyatt were there too, but they were too tired to wake up for the delivery since it was at 3:17am.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I decided not to even try any alternative pain relief this time since I always end up stuck in bed, so I had an epidural. It was my most painful one to get, but it ached the least after it was removed.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs, 4 oz and 20 1/2" long.

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? February 12, 2009. 11 days early, and 2 days before Kiersa's 1st birthday.

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Paisli Taya Johnson. We really liked Paisley, but Hyrum wanted to spell it with an "i" at the end. Taya was just another one we thought was pretty. We had a really hard time deciding which one to put first. We thought it would be cute to combine the two for her nickname: Tayli.

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FOURTH BORN TODAY? 7 weeks

No comments: