Monday, April 13, 2009

To sum up...

Hyrum has a penchant for writing little messages on the bottom of our kids feet. Hyatt can't stand it and feels as though he's been violated with a tattoo. He'll protest through the whole message, then when he's released, he'll scowl at Hyrum, shake his pointer finger and proclaim, "Naughty Daddy!" He calls things naughty all the time. If he bonks his head on the counter, he'll say, "Naughty counter!" Whatever offends or injures him is immediately and audibly labeled as naughty.

When Hyrum writes on Talea's feet, she doesn't mind. As long as it's not visible to other people, it doesn't bother her. After Hyrum wrote "I love Talea" on her foot, Tilly wanted a matching message on her other foot, but since Hyrum was working and was thus distracted, he didn't get to it. Talea sat there with her foot available and after a few seconds, she fussed, "Hurry up! Time's wasting!" She cracks me up. I keep forgetting to write down the funny things she says, but this was one that amused me.

Our weekend in Ashland was great. I ended up coming back with Hyrum since I couldn't imagine wrangling my kids without him, I forgot my medicine, I didn't want to drive the trailer back myself very bad, and I'll be seeing Daisha in a few days again anyway. Mel is going up to her mother-in-laws house in a couple days, Tasha was leaving and Nial was leaving in a day or so. Plus, Paisli started getting sick again. It was just time to head home. But, we got tons of pictures which I'll post later. It was a nice weekend to get my mind off of reality. Just what the doctor ordered!

2 comments:

Nial and Elle said...

Sometimes I think putting off reality is healthy. Just for a bit. It's relaxing and gives perspective.
:) It was wonderful seeing you guys and the house. I had so much fun playing with your kids! I spent the most time with Kiersa, she is ADORABLE!!!!!

The Lanyons said...

Edward draws little tattoo messages on me too!