Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mommy quiz about Hyatt



1. WAS YOUR SECOND PREGNANCY PLANNED? No way! I didn't think I could get pregnant without the assistance of fertility drugs, so this pregnancy was a total shock. 2 1/2 years of infertility, then 14 months after Tilly...surprise! How did that happen?

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Absolute shock. Disbelief. Excitement.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never in a million years.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? Was turning 29 that month.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I thought my bust felt bigger, and that only happens when I'm pregnant, so I took a home test.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Hyrum. I showed him the stick after I saw it was positive.
We took several more to make sure it was correct.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes, in case we needed to prepare for a boy.

9. DUE DATE? April 10, 2006.

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Nope.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Fruit.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Crying.The behavior of the nieces and nephews I was taking care of. I had no patience or energy for their issues, and unfortunately couldn't tolerate their behavior without irritation. I'm not as patient while I'm pregnant.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR SECOND CHILD'S SEX? Boy.

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I had hoped for another girl so Talea would have a sister close to her age, but I was excited to have a boy since I already had a girl. Hyrum wanted a boy, so of course that's what it was.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 24.5 lbs. Started at 135 and ended at 159.5.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes. The first scheduled one was postponed due to the fact that a girl in our ward commited suicide the day before and everyone was in shock and it felt wrong to be celebrating at that time. The one that finally happened only had 4 attendees I think. Baby showers aren't that great in this area.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No. This one went fine. He came a week early on his own, though we went to great lengths to get him here early since Hyrum had to attend the Home Show on the due date.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Bay Area Hospital, Coos Bay, Oregon.

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Several days off and on, then 20 hours in the hospital, with pitocin and having my water broken to finally speed things up. I was in and out of labor from March 31st until April 3rd. I was in active labor on April 2nd from 9am-2pm at home, then it quit. It started up again at 6pm and lasted until 3:18pm the next day when I delivered. I went to the hospital on the 2nd at 7:30pm because I was dilated to a 4. I tried the tub, then started bleeding at 11pm so I was put to bed and had an epidural at midnight. I peed the bed at 1 am because they forgot my catheder. My contractions slowed to 10 minutes apart, so they broke my water at 7:20am and started pitocin at 10:30am. Even though the labor was long, the pushing was only 15 minutes (on my side this time) and he was born at 3:18pm. I don't think he wanted to come out yet, but we had the Home Show hanging over our heads and had to get him out beforehand! It is SO not true for everyone that each baby gets faster. I was in tears of frustration by the end.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Hyrum

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Hyrum, my mom, and my sister-in-law, Karen.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes! I love epidurals! I actually wanted to try to do this one natural, so I tried the heated tub, but I started bleeding mysteriously so they strapped me to machines in the bed, and I can't take laboring in bed without pain relief.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 6 lbs, 13.75 oz. A pound bigger than Talea. 19 1/2" long. No cord issues other than it was wrapped around his neck twice, so that stressed him out during the labor and I had to wear an oxygen mask during most of the labor and the pushing, and he had to go to the nursery for 3 hours until they got him to cry and sound normal.

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? April 3, 2006. 7 days early.

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Hyatt Dennis Johnson. I didn't want a 5th Hyrum, so we compromised by finding a name that started with H-y so Hyrum could have his little Hy still. His middle name is my Dad's name.

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR SECOND BORN TODAY? In 2 days he'll be 3 years-old.

1 comment:

The Lanyons said...

Love that last picture. What a cutie.