Friday, April 24, 2009

Hideous Hernia

The doctor assures me Paisli's hernia is quite small and should resolve on it's own by the time she's 1. Apparently things didn't close up inside, instead leaving a small hole, so when Paisli cries or tightens her tummy, her intestines push against her belly button, thus pushing it out like this.


Now that's an outie!! But on a different note, look how chubby Paisli's getting! She was 12 pounds even (75th%) at her 2 months appointment on the 22nd.


She's my only child to have a hernia, so it's a bit shocking for me to see each time I change her. I mean really, I've never seen one before in person, so each and every time I see it, I'm a bit jolted, though I'm slowly getting accustomed to the protrusion. Hopefully it goes away on it's own.

4 comments:

Angi and Jared Cowley said...

Seriously, that is nothing! When Nate was a baby he had a hernia so big, I could put a quarter over it and you could still see it poking out around the edges of the quarter! It has gone away too...it's only a slightly enlarged belly button now, nothing like it was when he was little.

Angi and Jared Cowley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lanyons said...

I didn't even notice when I was there. I think I had a hernia as a baby and have an innie now.

Teresa Jolley said...

If I remember correctly, Rachel had and outie/hernia with her belly button. I think mom had to have them do a surgery though.