Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mommy quiz about Kiersa


1. WAS YOUR THIRD PREGNANCY PLANNED? No. Again, we were banking on infertility. Luckily, nature spaced our kids 2 years apart. After 2 surprises, we figured infertility wasn't an issue anymore.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Surprise. Should have known. Happiness.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never in a million years.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? A couple months from turning 31.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I was a bit emotional, and again my bust seemed larger, plus my carpal tunnel was acting up, so I took a home pregnancy test, and it was positive.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Hyrum. He was around when I took it, so I showed him it said positive.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? No. Since we were prepared for either a girl or a boy, we wanted to have a surprise this time.

9. DUE DATE? Feb. 16, 2008.

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Nope.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Nothing in particular.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Smokers. I found out my little brother smoked by smelling it in my house when he moved in with us for a short while. I about blew my top and all but kicked him out right then and there. I CAN NOT tolerate cigarettes and smokers who think others should just tolerate their poisonous secondhand smoke as though it doesn't exist.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR THIRD CHILD'S SEX? Girl.

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No, I had my finger's crossed that it was a girl because I had a girl name picked out and absolutely no boy name options. Plus, I wanted Talea to have a sister before their age gap got any bigger.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 27 lbs. Started at 145, ended at 172.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? No.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I didn't have one.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No. It was completely uneventful. There was maconium in the water when my water broke, so a pediatrician had to suck her out before she took a breath, but other than that, things were fine.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Bay Area Hospital, Coos Bay, Oregon

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I started laboring sometime around 2 in the afternoon on the 13th while we were moving things from the house to the apartment. I went in to the hospital at around 10:00pm, got an epidural at 12:40am and gave birth at 2:34am. So it was about 12 hours of labor with around 4 hours of it at the hospital, and about 2 hours of it really hard labor. It only took a few pushes to get Kiersa out, and I pushed in a semi-sitting position.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Hyrum

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Hyrum, Talea, and Hyrum's mom

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Epidural of course! I was going to try natural so I got the room with a tub, but just before I arrived at the hosptial, the hot water was shut off for repairs, so I only got a few inches of warm water, and the nurses tried to fill it more by hand with hot water from the tea maker, but after a while of laying in 99 degree water (not near hot enough...not even hot tub hot), I couldn't take the pain and annoyance of not being submerged and I got out and had an epidural.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lbs, 10 oz and 21" long.

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? February 14, 2008. Valentine's Day! 2 days early.

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Kiersa Milly Johnson. We created the name Kiersa and Milly was picked to rhyme with Tilly, but also because I love the movie "7 Brides for 7 Brothers", and Milly is a main character.

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR THIRD BORN TODAY? 13 months

1 comment:

The Lanyons said...

Awww. This will be nice for her to read when she gets older.