Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Talea

On May 4th, Talea turned 1...


2...


3...


4...


and finally 5!!!


We had to work on Tilly's birthday, so I asked her how she wanted me to fix her hair on her birthday, and she said she wanted a bendy unicorn horn. Hyrum mentioned something about the 4-horned sheep we saw recently, so she changed her mind and decided she wanted her hair fixed like that. So, here she is as a 4-horned sheep.


It was pretty strange, and got in her eyes a lot, so I pulled all her hair back for the remainder of the day.

We had planned to go camping at Arizona Beach for Talea's birthday, but we were rained out, so we postponed it for a later date. We had originally bought an inflatable pool for Hyatt's birthday, but gave it to Talea for her birthday instead since May is warmer than April. Hyrum got her a little pink bat, ball and glove in hopes of getting her enrolled in T-ball, but we were too late for this season. Her favorite presents though, were free!!! Points for the parental team!


The first was an adorable trunk of costume dresses that Dru was no longer interested in, so Tasha gave it to us to give to Talea, and eventually my "little" girls. Talea was in 7th heaven! We took it to work so she can dress up when she wants and take some dresses when she plays with her friends.

The second was a practically new (less than a year old) swingset I found on craigslist.


The sellers wanted to trade the swingset for a trampoline, and though I didn't want to get rid of my trampoline since my kids use it constantly, my friend had a great trampoline that she didn't want anymore since it took up her yard, so I traded her trampoline for the swingset.


That's probably the best luck I've come across in a long, long time.

And last, but not least, Talea got a card in the mail from her Aunt Elisabeth. Elisabeth has a natural knack for knowing exactly what my kids will love. The card had Tinkerbell on it (Talea LOVES fairies) and it sang a song when opened. This card was loved so much by Talea that she went to bed with it that night. Elisabeth also sent her some barrettes for her bangs. A much needed and appreciated gift!


While at work, Talea found a caterpillar, and wanted to get a few pictures with it.




Then she wanted to be a unicorn.


And a bird.


And take her own pictures of rocks she found, and her Grandpa making silly faces.



After work, we got pizza and went bowling with friends.










Hyatt got to sword fight with a boy (with glow sticks)!


I didn't have time to make a cute cake for her, so I baked a German chocolate cake (which didn't come with enough frosting) and made a cherry cheesecake (both of the cakes were from boxes of course). I put trick candles on it, but Tilly was already familiar with the trick since we used them for Hyatt's birthday too.


And that was it! My oldest baby is now 5, and I can say I have 4 kids under 5 (rather than 4 under 4).

Happy birthday, my beautiful little Tilly Weed! You are completely precious to me and my life is so much brighter with you in it! Your love of bugs, princesses, dirt, flowers, imaginary things, discovery, exploration, cuddling and animals are so fun to witness, and nothing makes me happier than discovering all those things with you and your siblings and answering all your "whys" to the world. Though you've learned how to try my patience and have discovered the power of bossing people around since you're the oldest, you are an incredible big sister and such a help to me, and I couldn't have requested a better daughter. I love you more than you can imagine and there is nothing you could do to make me love you less. Happy #5!

7 comments:

Our Pratt Pack said...

5 yrs have flown by! We have about 5 caterpillars in a bug house right now and a frog in the cookie jar that we found last night. But Kya will still freak out over a fly what a weirdo

Nial and Elle said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE! I'm not sure if I've ever had a birthday that cool! Swingset and a pool and bowling and unicorn hair! Holy Cow that is awesome! I'm so glad she is a healthy beautiful 5 yr old that I know, she is sooooooo precious!
Happy Birthday (belated) Tilly!!

Nial and Elle said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE! I'm not sure if I've ever had a birthday that cool! Swingset and a pool and bowling and unicorn hair! Holy Cow that is awesome! I'm so glad she is a healthy beautiful 5 yr old that I know, she is sooooooo precious!
Happy Birthday (belated) Tilly!!

Cindi said...

As my nephew, Luke, claimed on his birthday Talea is now "a handful". (I think Grandfather... Uncle Dennis... taught him that.) Happy Birthday, Talea!

Teresa Jolley said...

Wow I can't believe she's 5, I remember the night she was conceived just like it was yesterday...how could I forget. :) Happy Birthday Tilly. I sure miss you and the relationship we had. Also Tiana, you think she tries your patience and bosses people around now, you just wait...each year get's worse, and you have 3 girls. Poor thing.

The Lanyons said...

Awww how sweet. Love the pics. Happy Birthday mini me!

Anonymous said...

Wow Tilly! What a Great Birthday! I think you pretty much did everything possible in the whole world! Your twisty unicorn, funky horned sheep hair is FABULOUS! You'll have to do my hair like that soon! I totally miss you, and I think I'll try to come and see you and Hyatt and Kiersa and Paisli, and even your parents, this summer.

Love you so much!!!
Elisabeth