Sunday, May 31, 2009

Boing!

Some jerk stole 16 springs off of our trampoline during the night a few weeks ago. Now, it sags and bags if you jump too close to those areas. The kids still jump anyway since we have a trampoline enclosure that prevents them from falling in the gaps.

Now where in the world am I supposed to find replacement springs??!!! My mom's barn of course! You can find almost anything in the storage area of a collector of all things used.

Paisli likes to bounce too...in her bouncer. Hyrum put her in it yesterday since she hates lying around looking at the ceiling, and she stayed in long enough to fall asleep in it.


I guess you've noticed that I haven't shaved her head yet. She has the best infant hair of all my kids, so I'm not in a rush. In pictures, it looks a bit like her hair line is very receded, but in person it's not so bad. The dark mullet-like section of hair where her head meets her neck (in the back) is a big irritating to me, but I'm handling it.

This is Hyatt's before and after hair.



Much better in my opinion, though he looked like an entirely different baby since he went from long dark hair to short blond hair. I think Paisli's would do the same because her new undergrowth is far lighter than her longer hair.

Talea and Kiersa had hardly any hair to start with, so no one really even noticed when I shaved their heads.

Here's Talea before and after.



Here's Kiersa before and after.



I usually shave my kids several times and only let it finally grow in when it all looks nice and even everywhere, but I only shaved Kiersa once, and you can tell. Her hair on top is waaaay longer than everywhere else and it get caught in breezes and flaps around. Hyrum commented that she looked like a cancer patient and wants me to trim it, and I would...but it's so fun to grab and play with!


Here's what their hair looked like on their 1 year birthdays.


As far as eyes...
It's funny how Paisli's hair is very auburn, but her lashes and brows look like they might stay reddish,


whereas Kiersa has strawberry blonde hair and her lashes and brows are actually quite dark, considering.


I can't wait to see what Kiersa's and Paisli's hair looks like when it's at it's full thickness and color around 3 years old.

1 comment:

The Lanyons said...

Dakota LOVED, LOVED, LOVED his bouncy chair so much that I had to get one for Tabitha so she could experience the same happiness. She HATED it! We tried over and over again but finally just had to chuck it. Funny how different your own kids are.