Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cruel and unusual punishment

The barbaric entomologist struck again.


If you can't tell from this picture, this is an enormous fly who suffered terrible torture at the hands of a young girl (can you guess who?). His wings were ripped off first so she could play with him without him flying away, then she pulled the legs off one by one until one leg remained, forcing it to pull it's bulbous body along the counter with that one leg. She pulled the last leg off before I could document the one-legged body-pull. Did you know flies still buzz even without their wings (or legs)? I didn't know that until now.

I learn something new because of Tilly almost every day. I'm telling you, hanging out around Talea is constant deja-vu since she's almost exactly like Daisha was as a child, and since Daisha's my closest-in-age sibling, I spent most of my time with her. Insect torture was her specialty.

2 comments:

Teresa Jolley said...

Better then the extreme opposite where they freak if they see any kind of bug. Star kept bringing me ants in the house one at a time to kill. Gross I know.

The Lanyons said...

It's a sign of intelligence!!

She'll either grow up to be a doctor or a serial killer.

I didn't grow up to be a doctor so...