Thursday, March 12, 2009

PB and J burger

On Saturday, I wasn't feeling up to getting out of bed. Hyrum went to the drugstore to get me more drugs with Hyatt and Kiersa, and while he was gone, Talea started complaining of hunger, so I told her to make herself a sandwich. I normally don't let her make her own food because I dread the mess, but this day I didn't care.

So, being the big girl she is, she got a chair to reach the jam off the top shelf of the fridge, got a stool to get the laundry basket off the counter so she could get the peanut butter out of the cupboard, and she got her own bread (did she know it was hamburger buns?). I could hear her in the kitchen working away, so I drug myself out of bed to grab the camera so I could document her first sandwich done 100% on her own. (She's made her own sandwiches before, I but I always get the ingredients down and help her with the lids and sometimes with the spreading since I'm so meticulous about how the PB and J is spread.) Oh, wait, I did open the jam lid when I got up since I knew the ring and lid would be stuck, so I guess she did it 90% on her own.

I love that she's getting old enough for me to trust her with helping me out with cleaning, laundry, and now food prep. I think she was ready for all of that before I was ready for her to be. She's growing up too fast!

3 comments:

The Lanyons said...

How cute! Good job Tilly. Is that homemade jam?! Yum.

Teresa Jolley said...

Way to go Talea. that is so nice when they get old enough to do things on there own.

John-Maren Goodman said...

GO Tilly! I'm so proud! She is so indepentant!!