Thursday, March 12, 2009

One month old already

Paisli turned a month old today. Where did the time go? Why is it that the month AFTER the baby arrives is 1,000 times faster than the month BEFORE the baby arrives? I haven't posted any pictures of her lately because I've been down and out, but now that I can be up and at 'em again, here's some catching up.

After a year of growing her hair, Kiersa barely has more than Paisli was born with.





Sometimes she gets ticked off and screams.


But usually she just scowls. Talea always made this same face at this age. Luckily, Talea outgrew it, so hopefully Paisli will too. If I knew this Mac stuff better, I'd post a picture of Talea's infant scowl, but I don't know where it is!


She scowls when she looks around. She scowls when she hangs out. She even scowls when she eats.


But she does make silly faces too. Lots of them!


Mostly you will see her wrapped up like a little burrito because it keeps her happy.


She's a sweet little girl and I still can't figure out which of my other children she resembles the most. I keep seeing all three of the others in her at different times. She has lots of hair like Hyatt did, scowls like Talea did, and yet she somehow looks like Kiersa too. She's been very good to me during this recovery, and even though she joined our family far sooner than I'd ever have planned, she's adored by her siblings and loved to pieces by her parents. It's so fun watching her grow! She smiles a lot now. She's even starting to track me with her eyes as I move around now that she stays awake more. I forget how fun the milestones are after I pass them with the previous child. Kids are so much fun!

3 comments:

The Lanyons said...

The pictures with Kiersa and Paisli are so cute! And I love the one of her crying - I'm not sure why - maybe it's because I can't hear the noise!

Our Pratt Pack said...

She's so cute we had the same brown and pink striped sleeper for Kaprice it makes me sad she's already to big for it!

Teresa Jolley said...

I've been waiting for these month old pics. She is so cute and already getting big. Argh I can't wait for mine. I know what you mean about the time. This last month is going to kill me, it's taking forever, but I know as soon as she's born the time will be gone before we know it. Enjoy every moment.