Friday, March 20, 2009

Running out of time

I was given an invitation to a birthday party for a little girl who was born a month after Talea. The party is in 2 months.
2 MONTHS!!!!
How in the heck is anyone organized enough to plan that far in advance? How do they know the health of the family will be good enough for a party in 2 months? Maybe I just think that because my family always seems to be sick lately. Hyatt is full blown SICK now...again, and Talea just caught it. They both just puked today, are coughing like seals, and have runny noses! Give me a break already!!!! We've already missed church for the past 5 weeks and it looks like it will be yet another week before we make it there again.

I just realized today that Hyatt's birthday is in exactly 2 weeks. He'll turn 3!

3!!!! Where did time go?

I haven't planned a dang thing or even thought about a party, and it's in 2 weeks! Uh, who will come anyway? We don't have any family out here (John and Maren are back in Utah), and there are no little boys Hyatt's age out here. Hmmm. Last year we invited a family over to jump on the trampoline since that's what Hyatt got for his birthday, but I have NO clue what to do for Hyatt's birthday this year!
I stink at making cute cakes.
I stink at planning things in advance.
I stink at surprises.
Where is Daisha when I need her?! Or Annie! Or Teresa! Or Kylene! Or Marcee! Or any of the other people who are so amazing at throwing parties together or decorating or planning? Ugh...
I'd make a good Jehovah's Witness for the fact that they don't celebrate holidays. Or is that a different religion?

Well, maybe I'll get some ideas online. I'd better get cracking. Poor Kiersa already had a last minute party since I came home from the hospital on her birthday, so I don't want to repeat that for Hyatt.

I had to throw this picture in because I love how newborns always go cross-eyed.


And here are my other girls.

After living here for 5 years we explored around Winchester Bay for the first time (and Hyrum got pulled over for going 49 in a 25 but only got a warning...we were seriously oblivious to the signs!), and we went to the Muntifering's ATV shop to chat with Kevin (Kaylynn's lover-pie) and the kids got to sit on the little ATVs. Good times.

3 comments:

The Lanyons said...

Ha! I love the Jehovah's Witness comment!! And cute kid pics too. I know what you mean about the overzealous parents though. Recently we've had three invitations with at least two months notice. I'm mean come on - they're not weddings! And although I love planning a good party I think that inviting kids to birthday parties before your child is five is more trouble than it's worth. We've only done immediate and extended family parties for Tabs so far and she doesn't mind a bit. Whether her friends and their parents mind is another matter but it's just too much to cater for all the kids AND their parents too (parents NEED to be there when their kids are under five!). Family parties are super fun and relaxed. Try a family outing somewhere Hyatt loves! Dakota's had every kind of birthday party but he loves going somewhere fun the most (usually an amusement park with a couple of friends). Easy peasy!

Our Pratt Pack said...

Ok so I'll share some of my Boy party ideas, one was to get Home Depot Aprons and do some sort of project in the backyard and then the more I thought about it I was like why not have the people meet at Home Depot and do it there no mess for you. Another was we're borrowing a bounce house for Boston's but I don't know if they would like that since you already have a trampoline, we also have hardwood floors so we looked at getting the big bubble wrap and sectioning off part of the house and laying it out on the floor so they could just jump around on it and make some noise, the kids did that at a festival they took this long haul truck and did that in the trailer the kids had a blast, anyways hope that helps, like they really care anyways!!

Nial and Elle said...

Lover pie!? :D We're going to visit him on the 8th on our way down to Ashland. When are you leaving for A-town?
You've kind of had your hands full, don't get too worried. Between pregnancy, birth, surgery and newborns some things have to be put aside-- he'll have more Birthdays :)
I'm so excited to see you and the gang so soon! and to meet Paisli!
Also (answering your question) we were indeed planning on going to your parents' church for Easter, I'd love to be there to witness Paisli's day.