Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

We had a break from the spring rain the other day, so even though Kiersa was still a bit sick and had a rash from her reaction to the antibiotics, I took the kids to the park. Well, actually, our naughty dog, Indian, made a break from her kennel, so we went on a walk throughout the neighborhood to find her (which we did), and then we just continued our walk to the park.

The kids played on the swings.





I got on the extra swing to show Talea how to go from a stand-still to swinging, but in my attempt, the swing broke! Am I that fat?


In my defense, I inspected the swing and found that someone had broke it previously and had just set the swing up to look repaired, so I was the poor soul who got it next. Luckily, when it broke, I had a good grip on the chains, so I only dropped to my knees. Kiersa was next to me in the baby swing, so when it happened, she looked over at me kneeling on the ground and said "Ah oh!"

Since Paisli can't sit yet, she just slept in the stroller while we played.


I finally let Kiersa go on the merry-go-round, and she thought it was pretty fun. I don't know how much longer Tilly will be able to go on merry-go-rounds without getting sick. She gets motion sickness like her dad, and so does Hyatt.

This park really is pretty wimpy. All the equipment is old and all it has is a merry-go-round, a tall slide, some old monkey bars,

a small kiddie structure with slides and climbing stuff,

a couple of swing sets, lots of lawn, and a nice tennis court. But, the kids don't mind.

Paisli spent her time eating or hanging out in the stroller while I helped Kiersa play on the play structure.


I had all kinds of things planned to do during the day: cleaning the bathroom, cleaning the fridge, doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, sweeping, etc, but after getting most of it done, I postponed the laundry for the park, and I'm so glad I did because the rain started the next day again and my kids needed some time out of the house.

Thursday and Friday were my first official days back at work with Hyrum since I can use a toilet and toilet paper like a normal person again. It was nice to be back there with Hyrum all day. I didn't realize how much I enjoy it, though I don't like getting up early. Paisli sleeps much more and much better at work because I can turn off the light in the playroom while she naps, so she thinks its nighttime and doesn't want to eat every few minutes. Let's just hope more people start remodeling their kitchens!!!

2 comments:

The Lanyons said...

Sorry about the broken swing, but that WAS funny (since you didn't get hurt and all).

I always find housework is best put on hold in favor of ANYTHING else!

Our Pratt Pack said...

Tilly might need a tetanus shot after those Monkey bars, we had a pretty nice weekend too. We were going to hit the zoo again but then Todd was helping move some people in the ward and they gave us their trampoline! That took up most of the afternoon before we left for a BBQ Kya is out there 24/7 so nice!