Friday, March 27, 2009

It' snot a very healthy household

For the past 4 days, I've been on mega snot-patrol. After a round of using the sucker on Paisli's nose, wiping Kiersa's nose while she screams and shakes her head and pushes my hands away, helping Hyatt and Tilly blow so they use one tissue instead of 4, I have to repeat the same round only a couple of minutes later. Ahhhh! I DARE you to click on the pictures and view the snot up close! To scared? I don't blame you.



Hyatt refuses to learn to blow his nose. Other kids younger than him can, but he can't. We thought he learned the other day, but then realized that he was just sucking it up farther when the tissue was on his nose. He wasn't actually blowing it out. The poor guy has had nasal problems since birth. I had to suck out his nose with the bulb syringe constantly...and not because he was sick. He sounds a bit nasaly, especially when he's whiny and crying. Maybe it's just painful for him to blow? I don't know.

Poor Paisli is so little that her snot has to be sucked out of her nose with a bulb syringe. It just rattles inside so lucky for your viewing pleasure, she doesn't have a visibly runny nose. FYI, the more Paisli's hair lightens, the more red she looks. I think she'll be another strawberry blonde like Kiersa.

And to make things worse, Kiersa keeps throwing up when I give her bottles because she has so much mucous that even soy milk and rice milk are too much for her. She wants bottles so bad, but they only make things worse. I was taking pictures of the kids and their snotty noses when I saw Kiersa looking like this:

Only after the picture did I realize that she didn't have just milk on her chin. When I put the camera down, I noticed she was playing with a puddle of snotty puke on her leg. Ah, the glorious surprises that come with motherhood!


****I started this post on Wednesday while I was waiting for the doctor's office to call me back. I didn't get to finish it until Friday because in the middle of writing it, the office called and said to drop what I was doing and immediately get Paisli over there and they'd squeeze her in. We ended up in the hospital with her after that, so this post is a bit outdated.

1 comment:

Teresa Jolley said...

I still have a very weak stomach so there was no way I was looking at those pictures up close, they made me gag just the size they are.