Thursday, January 29, 2009

Teresa's Tag

1. What song do you sing the most when you're alone?
Well, today, a lullaby by stinkin' Billy Joel that Hyrum plays for the kids every night before they fall asleep WILL NOT get out of my head. Normally, I don't have certain songs in my head. Only ones that get accidentally stuck there.

2. What is the last thing you remember dreaming about?
Some weird dream about Hyrum cheating on me, which is funny because it's the first one I've had with this pregnancy, and usually I have them almost weekly while I'm pregnant. When I'm pregnant, I have FREAKY weird dreams.

3. Do you hate getting muddy?
Only when I'm dressed in good clothes. If I'm gardening, I don't mind a bit.

4. Are you self-conscious about the way you eat?
Sort of. I probably eat like a Cluff, which isn't a beautiful sight. I'm afraid I'd disgust Darin after hearing he gets annoyed by how certain people eat.

5. How many people have a nickname for you?
Well, my siblings have called me things over the years, but really only Hyrum has nicknames, well, pet names, for me.

6. Which child are you? (1st, 2nd, last, etc.) 6th

7. Do you like to be scared?
If it's going to haunted houses or forests, or scary movies, then yes. But I hate walking in the dark and having my imagination run wild.

8. Does wasting time annoy you?
Depends. If some project needs to get done, then yes. But if it's a lazy day, then no.

9. Non-believer or believer?
Believer

10. Favorite composer?
I'm not into music enough to have a favorite.

11. Favorite fabric?
Cotton knit.

12. Do you like reading out loud?
I don't mind it, but I usually read too fast for people's taste.

13. What are people sick of hearing you talk about?
I don't know...being pregnant? Being fat? My heartburn? No one's really said anything, so I imagine it's whatever I'm complaining about at the moment.

14. Ergonomic or Standard keyboard?
I've never used an ergonomic one, but I imagine it would feel better on my carpal tunnel. I love my mouse that has a ball you maneuver instead of moving a mouse around. It's MUCH better on my carpal tunnel!

15. Is your hair naturally curly, wavy or straight?
Wavy/Curly

16. Do your eyes change color?
More when I was young, but they do appear more green or blue depending on my shirt.

17. Do you break the speed limit?
I usually set my cruise at 5 over, so yes.

18. What's your nervous habit?
Biting my nails. Finding something to do with my hands.

19. What's worse: Spiders or Cockroaches?
Cockroaches, unless it's a poisonous spider.

20. Most mundane thing in your life?
My routine: Wake up, get the kids ready, go to work, go home, go to bed. But so much happens in each step each day that I wouldn't say my life is mundane.

21. Do you like the way you look?
Well, I'm pretty critical of myself...don't like my nose, my teeth, my hair, my pores, my body shape...but overall I'm not too shabby. I do have a lot of work to do before I feel self-confident though.

22. Do you dodge questions like #21?
No. I believe in brutal honesty, and I'll give it if I think someone can handle it. Sometimes I give it even when people can't handle it. Oops.

23. Are you a 'rubbernecker'?
Mostly when I'm the passenger. I'm not bad enough that I slow traffic to do it.

24. Do you get faint when you see blood?
Not usually, but I HATE it with a passion. I could NEVER be in the medical field.

25. Can you smell your own perfume/cologne?
No, because I NEVER wear perfume. I'm anti-perfume and would be pleased if everyone else was too. I HATE it when I can smell someone's perfume/cologne and won't allow Hyrum to wear it. It makes me feel sick. I've lived with a couple of Johnson's who were big-time perfume/cologne wearers, and that was TOUGH on me. I avoid scented aisles in stores like the plague.

26. Do you like grapefruit?
LOVE it!

27. Are you good at taking care of plants?
No, but I love them. I'm not so bad with outdoor ones, but I can't seem to keep indoor ones alive. Not even my cacti lived past a couple of years!

28. How many people are you comfortable saying "I love you" to?
My family, my grandparents, my Cluff family, most of my in-laws, some other relatives and a few friends.

29. Do you play video games?
Never. I won't buy a system. Oh wait. Our friends pulled out their wii the other day and I bowled and boxed. It was actually pretty fun. I usually can't stand what a waste of time video games are, but I got some exercise out of the wii, so it was nice.

30. Which famous person do you most identify with?
I haven't the faintest clue. Shira says I look like Claire Daines, which I'm not thrilled about, but whatever. I don't keep up with celebrities personal lives to know who I'm like.

31. Do you prefer to be hot or cold?
Cold. You can always put more layers on, but there's only so much you can take off before you're naked and still sweaty. I hate sweat. I like it around 65-70 degrees. I love the shade and can't stand being in the sun. Lying on the beach has absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever. I'd be in the shade under a palm tree or something. I think tanning is ludicrous. My favorite thing about my current location is the temperature and weather.

32. What do you collect?
Not much. My mom's pack rat tendencies have cured me of ever wanting to be a collector. Less is more in my opinion and I can't stand clutter. My apartment is cluttered from lack of space, and it drives me crazy! If I find I'm collecting things, I stop, then I start tossing. I refuse to have a house and barn full of "stuff"!

33. How would you spend $100,000?
If it landed in my lap after my house was done it would go to tithing and investments. If it landed in my lap right now, my house (and tithing) would suck it up immediately so I could move into it.

34. Do you remember faces or names better?
Faces, by far.

35. If you were a different race, what would you choose to be?
Something seriously exotic, like English...ha ha. Honestly, I have no idea.

36. Do you worry about politics?
Nah. They're always up and down and debated way too much. I hate talking politics!

37. If your life were controlled by a steering wheel, how many people's hands are on it?
Quite a few. I worry too much about what other people think of me. I'm a follower, not a leader.

38. Do you like your initials?
TLJ...they're fine, I guess, but my maiden name gave me way cooler initials...TLC

39. Do you still have guilt about the worst thing you ever did?
Probably, but I can't pinpoint one thing that was so super bad...that I haven't mended. I've tried really hard throughout my life to avoid regret, and I think I've done pretty well. I stuck to my main goals in life and accomplished all of them, thankfully. (I'm not trying to gloat, I'm just reflecting and patting myself on the back for hanging in there when times got tough.)

40. What superhero are you most like?
Again, I have no clue. Ever-pregnant girl, if that's a superhero.

4 comments:

Teresa Jolley said...

I'm proud of you for doing my tag. Hey we have the same initials.

Teresa Jolley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lanyons said...

I love the Ever-Pregnant Girl superhero!! And re: #13 - what about Hyrum's dialation checking?!!! Heeheheehe! Oh and PS, I'll have to tell Eddie that you secretly wish you were English now!

The Not-a-hoes said...

I think you look like Martina Mcbride I cant see a picture of her or hear one of her songs with out thinking of you.